Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Foreign Countries Primarily Watch US Made Films?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Do Foreign Countries Primarily Watch US Made Films?

What country are you from, and are all the big hit movies your country watches from the US?

Most of what's on at the cinema or on the movie channels in England are American films. I've been to foreign countries that aren't officially English speaking and it was the same, but these were the big cities like Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok where they have a lot of tourists and foreigners so that probably doesn't represent what the typical Malaysian or Thai is watching.

Comment

Yes/no? I mean Americans watched 12 Years a Slave and that was directed by Steve McQueen(englishman).

If you're not white in America you've probably watched non-American films in your own household.

Comment

In Spain they had English films but they were in Spanish. On TV they had some American programmes but most of the time I just sat down and watched Pobre Diabla

Comment

We have a lot of danish cinema's over here.

Probably something like 60-40 in favor of American flicks being shown in our theaters.

Comment

In Japan I'd say its 50% US 50% Japanese. Much less than when I lived in the UK or Cyprus.

Comment

Working...
            X