Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had Pacquiao winning every round until the knockout: who else?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had it ;

Rd 1 - Pac 10-9 Marquez
    Rd 2 - Pac 10 -9 Marquez
    Rd 3 - Pac 8-10 Marquez
    Rd 4 - Pac 10- 9 Marquez
    Rd 5 - Pac 10-8 Marquez
    Rd 6 - Had Pac winning, thought it was his best round then BANG

48-45 at the point of stoppage in Favour of Pacman, thought it's the best he had looked since Cotto. He's got too much going on outside of Boxing.

Comment

The general consensus among boxing folk is that Pac was looking great and better than he had for a long time. So its only natural to assume Pac was ahead on points.
      But cos of previous controvery the judges might have made it closer than it was. Pac knew he was busting JMM up and he is humble enough to tell the truth just as he was humble enough to acknowledge JMM landed a great punch, no excuses from Pac he wasnt expecting that punch for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Well then you can't score because he didn't win the 3rd round.
        Most Pactards need glasses. They somehow missed JMM's straight rights that landed over and over, not to mention that stiff jab that knocked Pac's head back repeatedly! JMM also did a great job landing those hooks and rights to the body. The shot that put Manny to sleep landed more than 3 times in the previous rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Aiwass View Post
          Boxing news reports and message boarders are acting as if Marquez dominated the fight. I had Marquez losing every round until the knockout, it was the same old story, Pacquiao was showing the aggression, Marquez would land a counter now and then but Pacquiao was clearly winning them boom, he's flatlined.
          I agree. That is why I think a 5th fight should happen. Pacquiao was making the fight. Pac fought overly aggressive and got caught. Pac could have fought the same way the last 3 fights and it would have been a boring decision like the last 3 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
            I too thought this for a bit. Marquez' nose was broken pretty early in the fight and was taking flush shots right on it. He was bleeding profusely and apparently was having a harder time breathing with all that blood.
            Because he has never fought with a broken nose before against Manny. It doesn't matter what the score was or what anyone thought was going to happen because he got put to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
              Because he has never fought with a broken nose before against Manny. It doesn't matter what the score was or what anyone thought was going to happen because he got put to sleep.
              That's the point.

Comment

Every round?

Anyway, when watching it, I had Pac winning 1st, 2nd, and 5th. 6th too before the KO. On replay though, I think he won all apart from the 3rd.

To me, Marquez looked old. Obviously he was loading up on shots more than usual when he could, but to me, it looked more like he was really struggling to pull the trigger. He looked slow, cumbersome and his reflexes looked, to me, like those of an old fighter. Obviously not shot, but just well past his best.

The determination is what won him the fight though. The complete refusal to give up and to be defeated against the guy he needed to beat clearly once. It was such a perfect set up, slip and counter. It was just meant to be.

However, if there was ever a fifth fight, which I really hope there won't be, and Pac came back just as good as he was then I think he'd win it, probably by TKO. Marquez will have definitely reached 40 years old by the time they fight next, and he will be slower, less determined, because he got the perfect win already, and everything will have worn out just a little bit more. I just don't think it's worth it. The only reason anyone wants to see a fifth fight is to see Marquez beaten, and he will only lose because he's old, not because Pac is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
                  Exactly! Don't matter how many times JMM gets dropped, he always gets back up and beats the piss out of his opponent. JMM got his nose broken in the 1st fight and what happened? JMM is smarter than Pacquiao, that will never change!

Comment

Well for one he was floored in the 3rd and ko'd in the 6th so scorecards dont matter

Comment

And with one second left. Amazing, really. I think it was one of those situations where Manny knew he had JMM backed up against the wall a bit, and just assumed that JMM would do nothing (especially in the final 10 seconds of the round) but try to survive.

Marquez obviously had other plans.

Prime example why you can NEVER assume anything in boxing, at any point, and in any round. How about when Mike Jones got KTFO by Bailey. At that point of the fight he assumed the fight was over and was cruising to a decision. Then Bailey floored him. But Jones got up and revved it up, starting walking down Bailey and probably wanted the KO a little too much as he, kinda like MP, abandoned reason and caution and got aggressive and/or reckless.

Then a split second he got knocked out in tremendously violent fashion.

Comment

Working...
                      X