Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas owner Jones doubled Clottey's Pay!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glock View Post
    a guy who didn't show up to fight should not get a bonus.

jerry jones is just being nice. or maybe doing it as an incentive for other fighters to want to fight in his stadium.

kind of like sending a message of , "you fight for me , you get rewarded"?

i don't know but clottey doesn't deserve any bonus.

david diaz getting a bonus i understand. he did his best and took a beating. his toughness and him trying made a one sided fight entertaining.

clottey made a possible tough fight a one sided one with his tactics.
    agreed.
    I could've understood if he fought his heart out but not the way he performed.
    sympathy pay is what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopySmurf View Post
      How much does a fighter like Clottey get from the total earnings? I know the promoter, Arum, gets a big chunk. The venue gets a smaller portion. Then he has to pay his corner.
      roughly around 30% +-10% is left after all the deductions, depending on the arrangements.

Comment

Originally posted by al22tec View Post
        just read this from a website's news article.

Clottey was set to receive $1.5 million, his highest pay check to date in his career. According to Mendoza, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones doubled Clottey’s pay to $3 million because he was overjoyed by the number of spectators at the stadium.

He didnt do anything except hide, yet Jerry Jones doubled his base pay?!!
        Good stuff. Nice to hear this.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by Glock View Post
          a guy who didn't show up to fight should not get a bonus.

jerry jones is just being nice. or maybe doing it as an incentive for other fighters to want to fight in his stadium.

kind of like sending a message of , "you fight for me , you get rewarded"?

i don't know but clottey doesn't deserve any bonus.

david diaz getting a bonus i understand. he did his best and took a beating. his toughness and him trying made a one sided fight entertaining.

clottey made a possible tough fight a one sided one with his tactics.
          Damn right, the only saving grace with that event is the diaz-soto bout and the electric athmosphere in the stadium itself but unfortunately i wasn't there and never can i afford to get there too.

I still want my money back...damn...

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
            Clottey deserved more than $3m.@ least Jones showed he cared unlike Arum.Clottey had every right to defend himself and if you looked at Pacquiao's face after the fight,it told a story
            Yeah, the story it told is Pacquiao doesn't mind taking a few shots to get his own off. That's why we like him.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by al22tec View Post
              roughly around 30% +-10% is left after all the deductions, depending on the arrangements.
              I call bull**** on that one..

Comment

When its all said and done from the Live gate, Jones, Arum and PPV sales it might be about 4-5 Million dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  When its all said and done from the Live gate, Jones, Arum and PPV sales it might be about 4-5 Million dollars.
                  IF he got a share of the gate and ppv.. which I doubt because Clottey doesn't have that type of leverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                    IF he got a share of the gate and ppv.. which I doubt because Clottey doesn't have that type of leverage.
                    Yeah thats true Im not sure if he gets paid for the gate and PPV but he most likely got a small Percentage cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                      He def. got a share of the PPV, not sure about the gate.

Comment

Working...
                      X