Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Ends Golden Boy Relationship, Passes on Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so what happens when golden boy runs out of in-house fights to make and no other promoter wants to work with them cause they're all getting hbo money and dates? golden boy aint the ufc. you can't do it alone in this sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
      Showtime is gonna have to show replays the next morning to win me over, I can't stand that they don't do that.

Don't you have a DVR? Every boxing fan should have a DVR.

Comment

• Originally posted by bose View Post
        Showtime its seems to me since i been watching boxing that Showtime has always known real talent and show cased fighters that would later jump to Hbo example; Hatton, Hamed, Calzaghe, J.Diaz, Rocky, Bojado all fought on Showtime multiple times before they were than showcased on Hbo.

you do know that that was all Ken Hershman who made Showtime Boxing respectable.

the former HBO pres Greenburg had a sweet heart deal with Golden Boy and that's what basically made HBO boxing a joke. it cost Greenburg his job.

basically HBO refused to buy the mismatches Golden Boy was peddling which is fine they can sink Showtime. Broner vs Paulie is joke considering Broner ducked the top lightweight and the entire 140 divison.

with Hershman at HBO, fight fans will see better fights.

people want to hate on Arum but Bradley vs Provodnikov was a hell of a lot better than Broner vs Rees.

Comment

• This is kinda cool with show time putting all this money into golden boy and boxing in general maybe we can see the sport become as big as it used to be.

As for hbo they'll be back they been in the game to long to just dissapear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Golden Boy Promotions usually puts on more competitive matchups than Top Rank, which is generally cautious in matching it's top fighters and puts on a lot of predictable mismatches.

Boxing fans aren't as stupid as Bob Arum believes. Showtime has now become the #1 boxing network in the USA.
            I lean to agree with this. Over the course of the past year, the majority of good fights I've seen have been GB match-ups, with the exception of the sick ass fight Saturday, which nobody could have predicted happening.

Comment

• Y'all do know this means that mares donaire will really never happen now right?

Comment

• Possibly a good thing. GBP wants a monopoly and thats the worst thing that could happen to boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_L View Post
                  so what happens when golden boy runs out of in-house fights to make and no other promoter wants to work with them cause they're all getting hbo money and dates? golden boy aint the ufc. you can't do it alone in this sport.
                  They won't run outta fights even if other promoters are getting hbo dates it wouldn't make sense to turn down fights on show time getting there guys exposure on both networks and maintaining a healthy relationship will mean more money so that makes no sense

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                    Possibly a good thing. GBP wants a monopoly and thats the worst thing that could happen to boxing.
                    Not really if one company basically controls the sport then top fighters will have no choice but to fight each other and the bull **** of working with other promoters won't be a issue.

Comment

• Larry Merchant retired at a good time.

Comment

Working...
                      X