Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Berto on Danny Garcia: Tell Me When and I'll Be Ready!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angel Garcia gave it away in that video from a few months ago, where he was astonished Porter and Thurman were fighting each other rather than fighting Salka-like opponents. If he's thinking like that, you know Danny is thinking like that too.

Angel would eat up a Berto fight because they know he has no chance against Danny. Zero.

Comment

Not a DSG fan, but he stops Berto. Low risk for Danny...therefore I see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        I disagree, and honestly I don't think Garcia is that far beyond Berto. Did you watch the Guerrero fight. It is not hype and Garcia beating Berto doesn't mean anything really, I just think it is a much harder fight for Garcia that you are making out because Garcia never blows anyone out.
        You mean the Guerrero fight where Danny won like 8 rounds and beat the **** out of Guerrero in the last half of the fight? The same Guerrero that beat the **** out of Berto 3 ****ing years ago?

Garcia would easily beat Berto. Like, really, really easily.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Berto is a tough dude so I have no doubt he sees the final bell. He got stopped in one fight where it was basically calling it because a busted shoulder? I think you are overdoing that weaknesses.

Berto is not that good but neither is Garcia really, and while Garcia is the better boxer and he would hit Berto plenty it is not like Berto wouldn't get his.

Garcia would be favored but I think Berto presents a lot more of a challenge for a guy like Garcia that most care to admit for whatever reason. Should Garcia be fighting Berto instead of a bigger name probably not but if they do fight I would expect Garcia to have problems because Garcia is a grinder it is never easy for him.
          Berto gets hurt and put on his ass a lot, and increasingly so as the years pass. It's likely he wouldn't withstand Garcia's best shots for 12 rounds. Hell, he might got stopped in the first 5-6 rounds.

Garcia has had plenty of easy fights in his career. Berto would be another. Berto does nothing that would trouble Garcia, and is too far out of his prime for his hand speed to make much difference. He's a near-shot brawler with poor defense, stamina, punch output, and a chin that gets worse by the fight. He has far less skill. He got dominated by Robert Guerrero and Jesus Soto Karass years ago.

Danny is clearly better than either of them and proved so in the ring against Guerrero. Garcia/Berto is a **** fight that Garcia would win easily.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Berto gets hurt and put on his ass a lot, and increasingly so as the years pass. It's likely he wouldn't withstand Garcia's best shots for 12 rounds. Hell, he might got stopped in the first 5-6 rounds.

Garcia has had plenty of easy fights in his career. Berto would be another. Berto does nothing that would trouble Garcia, and is too far out of his prime for his hand speed to make much difference. He's a near-shot brawler with poor defense, stamina, punch output, and a chin that gets worse by the fight. He has far less skill. He got dominated by Robert Guerrero and Jesus Soto Karass years ago.

Danny is clearly better than either of them and proved so in the ring against Guerrero. Garcia/Berto is a **** fight that Garcia would win easily.
            Berto didn't get dominated by Guerrero that was a good fight and Garcia didn't dominate Guerrero either. Soto Karass didn't either and that was a one armed Berto. Even if the winner in all those fights was clear, they were for the most part good and Garcia has proven he is not beyond that level of fighter giving him real issues even if he is rated as better.

I don't think it is a great fight but I do think it is a fun fight that will be more competitive than most people think. It is fine that you disagree but it really ain't that crucial for this level of response, if Berto knocked out Garcia I wouldn't even make a big deal about it.

Comment

Berto didn't take too much punishment. I can see him coming back in 2-3 months to fight Garcia. Don't like the fight necessarily but it could be worse. He could be fighting Gavin or Bundu.

Comment

Working...
              X