Martinez: "Chavez was never gonna fight Golovkin"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martinez: "Chavez was never gonna fight Golovkin"

My translation
    "Chavez is never in his life going to fight with Golovkin. I won lots of bets with my friends with this. Chavez is not at the level to contest for world titles. He had two even fights with Vera, one in which he lost and the other that he won. But he's not at the level."

"Right now in the division, there are few variants. [not sure why he means. Maybe it's not as richly diverse?] We don't have Jameel McCline [I think it's supposed to be Gerald McClellan] any more, but you can't take your eye off Golovkin. If you do, he can wipe out the division."
    http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=2086542

http://www.cengagebrain.com.au/conte...1285023045.pdf
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 09-05-2014, 04:22 PM.

Oh thank you for this Doc.

I'm going to send this to my butt hurt friend.

Comment

there is a reason why chavez jr is asking for more money. it's the same with stevenson and mikey. all these guys are scared to fight and the only thing that will motivate them is millions of more dollars.

Comment

Martinez recognizes Golovkin is a monster. That's why he's ducking him as well.

Comment

Martinez came up the hard way he deserve big pay day fights

Comment

Gotta love Maravilla.

Everyone with a brain knows that GGG beats Maravilla now. I don't usually condone ducking, but Maravilla is near the end of his career now, he can get away with cherry-picking his last couple of opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Martinez is my favorite fighter, but Chavez was NOT going to duck GGG. Chavez is a young prime guy who has no fear of any fighter. He already lost and has nothing to lose. TR was trying to protect him, but he's a fighter he wants to take em all on. Martinez is sounding a little icky here. I dunno. But Martinez himself may never fight GGG, and he is older and does not have to.

But Chavez aint scared of GGG bro. I actually earned respect for Chavez for how he dealt with the contract, and being a smart businessman. Unlike Bradley who signed an extension knowing that TR needed him to fight Pacman with or without it.

Pac had no one else to fight except Bradley. Bradley didnt have to sign the extension and he could have still could have demanded a high purse due to the fact that TR has no big name credible ww's for Pac.

He could have fought Pac, got out of his contract, went to Golden Boy and fought this stacked division. Now he will pad his empty ww resume with Rios, Pac 3 & 4, JMM 2,3, & 5, Mike Alvarado etc.

Bradley is the most unproven ww today. Will never fight any of the young guys at gb between 140 and 154. Dumb businessman.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                Martinez is my favorite fighter, but Chavez was NOT going to duck GGG. Chavez is a young prime guy who has no fear of any fighter. He already lost and has nothing to lose. TR was trying to protect him, but he's a fighter he wants to take em all on. Martinez is sounding a little icky here. I dunno. But Martinez himself may never fight GGG, and he is older and does not have to.

But Chavez aint scared of GGG bro. I actually earned respect for Chavez for how he dealt with the contract, and being a smart businessman. Unlike Bradley who signed an extension knowing that TR needed him to fight Pacman with or without it.

Pac had no one else to fight except Bradley. Bradley didnt have to sign the extension and he could have still could have demanded a high purse due to the fact that TR has no big name credible ww's for Pac.

He could have fought Pac, got out of his contract, went to Golden Boy and fought this stacked division. Now he will pad his empty ww resume with Rios, Pac 3 & 4, JMM 2,3, & 5, Mike Alvarado etc.

Bradley is the most unproven ww today. Will never fight any of the young guys at gb between 140 and 154. Dumb businessman.
                thats gonna get some peoples pannies all knotted up

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                  there is a reason why chavez jr is asking for more money. it's the same with stevenson and mikey. all these guys are scared to fight and the only thing that will motivate them is millions of more dollars.
                  It wasn't about the money, he did not want to sign an extension.

Comment

I don't think Chavez would every walk away from a banger middleweight because he didn't want to fight them. Despite my opinion that Golovkin would beat Chavez down, I don't believe for a second that Chavez thinks that.

This is about Top Rank for him. Nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                    X