Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you teach yourself to have respect for money?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you teach yourself to have respect for money?.

This is my new years resolution.

I am literally ridiculous with money, any money i get i spend very quickly.

I get paid monthly and it will be gone in a week on garbage.

I can only give my parents the credit for it as I've always been good with money as far as I can remember.
    I was able to save for a long term goal as a kid and make money last when my friends couldn't. I don't know what to suggest other then some truth and that's either get a better job with more money or grow up quickly and learn the value of money because being broke at the end of the month every month must suck balls

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
      This is my new years resolution.

I am literally ridiculous with money, any money i get i spend very quickly.

I get paid monthly and it will be gone in a week on garbage.
      Getting paid monthly must suck. You should try and split it up in 4 or whatever your personal financial situation will allow. Once you get paid take only what you need for bills or whatever for the first week. Either deposit the rest in the bank or if you can't trust yourself with that, have someone trustworthy hold it for you until the next week.

On top of the 6% for 401k matched by my company, I make it a point to put $50 a week in savings regardless of what my financial situation for that week might be. I've had my phone shut off before when I could have just not saved for that week and paid the bill.

Just like everything in life it takes discipline.

Comment

what do you spend your money on?

Comment

You're better off buying stuff now than saving it. Saving money is pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
            what do you spend your money on?
            Rent and bills are only a quarter or my wage.

I just waste the rest on garbage like clothes, going out to the clubs every weekend. Going out most nights, just thinking i'm Rockefeller basically. I even waste a good amount gambling just for the buzz.

Even worse i'll find myself online buying **** i don't even need like waffle makers, blenders, coffee machines, any silly gadgets really.

I got a problem lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
              Rent and bills are only a quarter or my wage.

I just waste the rest on garbage like clothes, going out to the clubs every weekend. Going out most nights, just thinking i'm Rockefeller basically. I even waste a good amount gambling just for the buzz.

Even worse i'll find myself online buying **** i don't even need like waffle makers, blenders, coffee machines, any silly gadgets really.

I got a problem lmao.
              ^^^
              if you're buying waffle makers and you don't like waffles then yes you might have a problem...I suggest you get in touch with Dr. Phil.

Comment

Buy collectable items and store them away. In ten years they will be worth five times as much.

Comment

how to have respect for money is by earning it.

Comment

i always pay my bills at the same time so i know what i have to spend on food, entertainment, etc....

making a budget is the easy answer.

see i have a similar problem with money...but rather than nickel and dime it...i save for a few months then buy something really expensive....it works because most of the time by the time i save for it....i dont really want it anymore...or ive found a better use for the money.

Comment

Working...
                    X