No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holyfield's End Nears: I Don't Have Much Fight Left in Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
    This sport does not allow many to surrender with dignity.
    At the end of every road we are simply who we are.

Evander Holyfield is one of the greatest prize fighters I have ever seen perform.
    History will identify his craftmanship as brilliant, exciting and profound in three weight classes.

There is little shame in the numbers not adding up as long as you leave with your sanity.

Iron Mike proved that much.
    The only thing history will identify is that it's possible to make a career out of coming in with your head not get punished for it. Please explain what you consider brilliant in his hw career. Beating the likes of Douglas for a title? Or defending it against Foreman and Holmes? Headbutting his way through Tyson and Rahman and many other fighters? Decisioning and then losing to Ruiz (who's one of the most pathetic heavyweights in history)? Losing twice to Lewis (we all know he lost the first one)? Losing 2/3 to Bowe? Faking injury against Sherman Williams? The guy was dirty and overrated as a hw.

Comment

Sorry

Taylor wins big? Wins whom? Wins what? Wins why? I am sorry, this brand of captions obfuscates the brains of the fans who become even more confused than they generally are

Comment

Holyfield is one of the ATG HW's. But he should have retired in 2000 after he beat Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
          Once he gets his child support bill he be fighting again. You can only go bankrupt so many times

Dude is pathetic, I hate people like him who HAD something all of us DREAM we had (ie tons of money), but the old proverb proves true, a fool and his money are quickly parted....No respect for this guy as a human being, deserves everything he got coming in his future.
          Stfu you fake ass self righteous degenerate.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
            Stfu you fake ass self righteous degenerate.
            Uhh no, he's pretty much right. Holyfield had the chance to live the American dream, better yet, the American fantasy but he blew it all away.

Comment

dude is gonna continue to fight even if he doesn't know his full name. For real.

Biologically, he is winning. That's wide family tree with many potential boxers in da future. Good job Evander.

Comment

Glad to hear he's finally talking about hanging them up. Should of 10 years ago. Please take Toney and Jones with you.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  holyfield has like 10 kids by like 8 different women or something ****ing ridiculous like that. Comes down to responsibility, that is part of being an adult. And holyfield is supposed to be some kind of part time preacher, as hypocritical as it is, so a bible verse is fitting.
                  He made enough money to support 10x as many kids.

It's the suppressive alimony laws that destroy rich guys like him. I totally don't blame him but the US laws. People had as many kids as him for centuries. It's only now with the deadly grip of feminism that this causes problems.

Comment

Working...
                  X