Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBA orders Maidana-Khan fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are people saying they'll lose respect for Amir if he vacates before they even know who he'll fight instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Why are people saying they'll lose respect for Amir if he vacates before they even know who he'll fight instead?
      Because it's a blatant duck for one.

And because he wont end up fighting anyone good if he vacates.

Pretty simple, I kinda figured you were asking a rhetorical question but I answered it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
        would rather see khan fight a malignaggi or campbell.
        Malignaggi is not a chin test, though - which is what most folks are clamouring for. Campbell is old and on the slide, albeit dangerous. Maidana poses a good all-round challenge in terms of hard punches and boxing skill, whilst not being exactly world-class himself (IMO he's not that bad a boxer; Prescott is far worse).

If Khan were to beat either of the 2 guys you mentioned, nobody would give him props. With Malignaggi it'd be "Ohh, he beat a feather-fisted bum who got trounced by Hatton and Cotto", whilst a Campbell win would result in "Ohh, he beat an old man who used to fight at 135, and got trounced by Bradley for a few rounds".

A convincing win over Maidana would satisfy most people, I would imagine.

Comment

because maidana became the mandatory the good old fashioned way. he EARNED it in the ring not through his promoter

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
            Because it's a blatant duck for one.

And because he wont end up fighting anyone good if he vacates.

Pretty simple, I kinda figured you were asking a rhetorical question but I answered it anyway.
            If he fights a better opponent (and there are plenty of them at 140 compared to Maidana), who gives a ****?

Comment

If he fights a better opponent (and there are plenty of them at 140 compared to Maidana), who gives a ****?
              The only better opponents out there are Maidana, Bradley, Alexander and Urango - 3 out of 4 being his fellow beltholders, with the other being a mandatory. Anyone else is second-tier and doesn't pose as much of a challenge.

Comment

Working...
              X