Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't do it......2-Pac is the greatest rapper of all time...I was wrong...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MegStarr* View Post
    yeah. it's mad intellectual. too damn long though.
    true. i remember listening to that song with a friend and were waiting for it to conclude before we got out of the car to play basketball...it literally felt like forever. i was is this ever gonna end? lol it was the truth tho..

Comment

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
      I guess it depends on how you look at a rapper. if you look at a rapper as role model, which i dont'. then he should be responsible for his actions, and what he says. but i just look at these guys as entertainers. but i know right from wrong. I feel bad for the kid from the hood that lives in a single parent household, and heres these bad messsages and doesnt know right from wrong...and looks up to gangsta rappers, and takes what they say literally.
      I'm all about betterment and positivity in music, although every now and then the aggressive side is needed. I'm all against negativity and things that will poison our youth. Like when gangster rappers glorify guns, drugs, killing, all that ****, I'm against it, although there are certain types of songs where its passable. I'm not looking at these people as "role models", but alot of kids are. It's pretty obvious our society bases their lives around what they see through tv, music, and the media period, and none of them are giving a positive messege. I honestly don't feel bad for the kid who lives in the hood when he makes stupid decisions to spend his money on materialistic things instead of putting it toward something important and that would benefit him in the future, yet when these kids get older they try blaming it on "the white" man that they ****ed themselves over. Honestly, I'll tell you this, I'm disgusted at this ghetto fabulous bull, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
        I'm all about betterment and positivity in music, although every now and then the aggressive side is needed. I'm all against negativity and things that will poison our youth. Like when gangster rappers glorify guns, drugs, killing, all that ****, I'm against it, although there are certain types of songs where its passable. I'm not looking at these people as "role models", but alot of kids are. It's pretty obvious our society bases their lives around what they see through tv, music, and the media period, and none of them are giving a positive messege. I honestly don't feel bad for the kid who lives in the hood when he makes stupid decisions to spend his money on materialistic things instead of putting it toward something important and that would benefit him in the future, yet when these kids get older they try blaming it on "the white" man that they ****ed themselves over. Honestly, I'll tell you this, I'm disgusted at this ghetto fabulous bull, lol.
        you can't be mr. moral and say you like cuban linx, reasonable doubt and illmatic. if your going to go against all negativity, then you have to go against all negativity. i live my life by my actions, if you knew me in real life, you would know i'm not a bad guy at all. i just grew up listening to gangsta rap, and enjoy the music. similar to someone might grow up watching mob movies and like mafia movies.

Comment

you can't be mr. moral and say you like cuban linx, reasonable doubt and illmatic. if your going to go against all negativity, then you have to go against all negativity. i live my life by my actions, if you knew me in real life, you would know i'm not a bad guy at all. i just grew up listening to gangsta rap, and enjoy the music. similar to someone might grow up watching mob movies and like mafia movies.
          Like I said, there are exceptions. There's a time and place for everything, there is a difference between a Raekwon and Ross. A Raekwon would build his career through skill and creativity where as Ross would build a career off of a persona. I'm against the negative persona, not all negative songs. You can't tell me "Criminology" doesn't get you hyped up, that's a lyrical hype song, the substance inside of it bears no real meaning. You listen to a Wu song, you hear style, flow, creativity, skills in a Wu song that would hold more weight than what they talk about. A mean c'mon, "Wu-Tang is for the kids", as that Ol' Dirty would say, haha. A Ross is only there to prove how gangster he is and shows that its such a great life to life. A Raekwon glorifys skill, a Ross glorifys negativity. See what I mean?

Comment

Like I said, there are exceptions. There's a time and place for everything, there is a difference between a Raekwon and Ross. A Raekwon would build his career through skill and creativity where as Ross would build a career off of a persona. I'm against the negative persona, not all negative songs. You can't tell me "Criminology" doesn't get you hyped up, that's a lyrical hype song, the substance inside of it bears no real meaning. You listen to a Wu song, you hear style, flow, creativity, skills in a Wu song that would hold more weight than what they talk about. A mean c'mon, "Wu-Tang is for the kids", as that Ol' Dirty would say, haha. A Ross is only there to prove how gangster he is and shows that its such a great life to life. A Raekwon glorifys skill, a Ross glorifys negativity. See what I mean?
            so your saying that gangsta rappers who have talent are ok, because its more about the artform and their skills than there persona? If thats what your saying, I'd have to agree.

and by the way, I'm happy your for positivity. truthfully, i am too. I just can't help myself when it comes to jay-z, wu-tang etc. like you said, that kind of rap is fun to listen because of their talent...

Comment

so your saying that gangsta rappers who have talent are ok, because its more about the artform and their skills than there persona? If thats what your saying, I'd have to agree.

and by the way, I'm happy your for positivity. truthfully, i am too. I just can't help myself when it comes to jay-z, wu-tang etc. like you said, that kind of rap is fun to listen because of their talent...
              Exactly, as long as their showcasing their talent, it's all good. I have respect for Jay, Wu, and all the other cats holding it down. I just hate when people like Lil Wayne glorify drugs and ****, trust me, I'm a teenager and I see how even music is effecting them, and its sad.

Comment

Exactly, as long as their showcasing their talent, it's all good. I have respect for Jay, Wu, and all the other cats holding it down. I just hate when people like Lil Wayne glorify drugs and ****, trust me, I'm a teenager and I see how even music is effecting them, and its sad.
                your really 16? I give you ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT of credit for the way your acting. Your very smart, most teengers are ignorant Your going to do very well in life. I was the same way, I stayed away from the drugs too, and tried to have a positive influence on the people around me. Sometimes I feel like a contradiction because I listen to music that doesn't fit the person I am, but i find way to relate somehow....and I just love the music. I really do.....I might not alway agree with what Method Man is saying, but I love Tical the album

Comment

Originally posted by bishop2006 View Post
                  When anybody can make music as powerfull and real as this,holler at me,Pac is the greatest of all time
                  powerful? more like emotional

here are some great songs that should be heard, and apriciated.

valley of decision

NOW THIS IS TRULY POWERFUL, this goes deeper than any pac song. take a listen ras will educate you ignorant pac fans.

another powerful song that ****s all over any pac song

yet another great song

this is reality

a child is born

R.A. tells the story of his father, Staff Sgt. John A. Thorburn, a veteran who was affected by Agent Orange.

plus countless more...
                  Last edited by VXNerveAgent; 06-11-2009, 01:22 AM.

Comment

your really 16? I give you ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT of credit for the way your acting. Your very smart, most teengers are ignorant Your going to do very well in life. I was the same way, I stayed away from the drugs too, and tried to have a positive influence on the people around me. Sometimes I feel like a contradiction because I listen to music that doesn't fit the person I am, but i find way to relate somehow....and I just love the music. I really do.....I might not alway agree with what Method Man is saying, but I love Tical the album
                    Well thanks. I apprieciate it.

Comment

Well thanks. I apprieciate it.
                      Your the S.T.O.A.T

Smartest teenager of all time. cograts.

Comment

Working...
                      X