Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Fights Be Scored Based on CompuBox Stats?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunstar1 View Post
    Fact is you've never seen the fight, so shut it kid!
    Fact is, how can you say when you were telling me a while ago you wanna rape me. Get a life.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
      I would give a guy a round if he threw only 30 punches as long as he landed more effective punches than his opponent and showed better ring generalship. It's not all about who threw the most punches and even sometimes who landed the most. Compubox wouldn't be a good way to judge fights because then the most aggressive fighters would win most of the time. There are some fighters who throw lots of punches, but don't do a lot of damage. Fights are won IMO by the person who lands the most effective punches consistently and uses the ring to his advantage whether it be for his defense or his offense.
      Sure. I'd give it to a guy who threw 30 punches per round ONLY IF THE OTHER GUY THREW LESS OR LANDED FAR LESS.

But the fight shows it in itself. PBF got tagged repeatedly on a sustained basis for the whole fight. Evidence and data on compubox clearly states that.

So one only needs to open his eyes and use his common sense to see. Evidence is insurmountable so opinions will not stand against data which shows Castillo landing by a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by Joartcc3 View Post
        Fact is, how can you say when you were telling me a while ago you wanna rape me. Get a life.

Comment

Do you understand the term effective punching? I guess not. Data only show punches thrown and landed. So from what your saying the fighter who throws the most punches and lands the most punches should win. I know to the common boxing fan that makes sense, but for the people who know boxing, landing the most punches doesn't necissarily win you the fight unless its by a huge margin. Data doesn't measure effective punches and ring generalship and it also doesn't measure heart and determination.

Also what's up with you always bringing up the Castillo/Mayweather 1 fight? I will admit it was a close fight, but Mayweather won. Then in the rematch Mayweather won handily. He is the better boxer plain and simple. We all know you are a Mayweather Hater and thats fine, but if your going to complain about him come up with a solid arguement instead of how is a coward and a duck and how he runs all time.

Comment

they should have some sensors built into the gloves which trigger only when a punch of a certain force lands

Comment

They have a place where they judge on stats (sort of) its called the amateur ranks.
              I dont think judges even have access to compubox, and whats more, the compubox people are just humans judging whether punches land same as the judges at ringside.
              So my answer is no.

Another question is should compubox go back after the fight, watch it in a slower motion and maybe revise their stats for a more accurate count. (they dont already do this do they?)

Comment

Do you understand the term effective punching? I guess not. Data only show punches thrown and landed. So from what your saying the fighter who throws the most punches and lands the most punches should win. I know to the common boxing fan that makes sense, but for the people who know boxing, landing the most punches doesn't necissarily win you the fight unless its by a huge margin. Data doesn't measure effective punches and ring generalship and it also doesn't measure heart and determination.

Also what's up with you always bringing up the Castillo/Mayweather 1 fight? I will admit it was a close fight, but Mayweather won. Then in the rematch Mayweather won handily. He is the better boxer plain and simple. We all know you are a Mayweather Hater and thats fine, but if your going to complain about him come up with a solid arguement instead of how is a coward and a duck and how he runs all time.
                that is the problem when people talk about Mayweather they see him as the pricky brat and that has nothing to do in the ring fighting and boxing around.

and if he won they say he is running. If they pressure fight cant catch him that who's fault it is? Mayweather is human he could only move around the ring by rule of boxing.

It time for Hater and Fans to take out the Mayweather person and put Mayweather the fight and what he is capable of doing in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by eazy_mas View Post
                  that is the problem when people talk about Mayweather they see him as the pricky brat and that has nothing to do in the ring fighting and boxing around.

and if he won they say he is running. If they pressure fight cant catch him that who's fault it is? Mayweather is human he could only move around the ring by rule of boxing.

It time for Hater and Fans to take out the Mayweather person and put Mayweather the fight and what he is capable of doing in the ring
                  Very true, but some here seem to forget about that. Just because you may not like him as a person doesn't mean you need to degrade his boxing skills.

Comment

Very true, but some here seem to forget about that. Just because you may not like him as a person doesn't mean you need to degrade his boxing skills.
                    As for me I dont like the recent Hatton cliching style but still he is one of the top jr WW as for Margarito he is the 4th WW but i would say the will beat Mayweather

one of the guy who has the best chance if Mayweather stayed at 154 there probably someone who is more effecitve the DHL and stronger will beat him.

and i really dislike DHL in some ways but respect him as a fighter he got some good wins.

usually in boxing is just one win or megafight win will take youto become one of the best the all win are not that much cout it just getting you closer to that win. example for Hopkins nobody really knew him expect for him been beaten by Roy Jones (who is the former p4p king made many people look amateurs in front of him) and when he beaten Tito that was his win and made him look super even though he got many close fights.

and that goes for Tarver the guy beaten some good LHW ( i not saying that Tarver is p4p material) but I saying give him the respect he deserve as a champ espcially in a wieght class where only few big shots there. and they guy basicly turned his life around from drugg addict to world champ that is something that people should admire him about. and the 2nd fight of Roy Jones is something everybody remebers Tarver for not his fight with Johnson or his fight with comeback Harding.

as for you question of effectiveness you could tell that for example the bodyshot that Bell O'Neal hit during the fight against Mormeck in the first look not that painful but then Mormeck workrate decreased at the end he got KOed by a bodyshot but Bell kept hitting his uppercut on the ribcage.

Comment

somebody got owned bad a while ago....

Comment

Working...
                      X