Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    What's crazy is out of the big 3 (Steward, Merchant and Lampley), I think Lampley is the most solid.

There have actually been times he's defended Floyd from Merchant.

Given the circumstances, Lampley's a solid guy. Merchant is just wrong, and Steward does/says whatever the hell he's told to do.
    Merchant is just old, never really says what he thinks is going on. Steward is better than Lampley when it comes to announcing what is happening in the Ring, for the most part. Though still not that good. Lampley is awful at announcing what is going on though.

Showtime, aside from Gus Johnson's nuts and guts stupid ass, is far better.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Merchant is just old, never really says what he thinks is going on. Steward is better than Lampley when it comes to announcing what is happening in the Ring, for the most part. Though still not that good. Lampley is awful at announcing what is going on though.

Showtime, aside from Gus Johnson's nuts and guts stupid ass, is far better.
      I don't know man, I'm going with Lampley. There's been times when Steward spoke his mind and gave an honest opinion, then after getting slapped by Merchant said "you're right Larry" lol The dude is balless.

Lampley can be objective out of the 3. Especially when Larry's hating and Steward is telling Larry how right he is because he's scared of the reprucussions.

Regarding Gus, you don't like Mr. Nutz and Gutz, himself??? lol All jokes aside, I think he's solid also, with Lampley.

Comment

• Whoa, Bradley did a ton of illegal head below the waist bending. No wonder Pac was so inaccurate.

Comment

I don't know man, I'm going with Lampley. There's been times when Steward spoke his mind and gave an honest opinion, then after getting slapped by Merchant said "you're right Larry" lol The dude is balless.

Lampley can be objective out of the 3. Especially when Larry's hating and Steward is telling Larry how right he is because he's scared of the reprucussions.

Regarding Gus, you don't like Mr. Nutz and Gutz, himself??? lol All jokes aside, I think he's solid also, with Lampley.
          I've never liked Lampley, especiallyhe past few years. Johnson is funny, but he's pretty crappy as well. I like Al Bernstein, Roy Jones, and Max Kellerman as far as usually telling it like it is as far as action in the ring.

However, when Roy is not annoucning, he sounds a bit delusional now days at times.

Comment

I remember an exchange in the May-Ortiz fight where Ortiz had Floyd backed against the ropes and came in throwing his left hand, and Lampley yelled "Another left hand lead!!!!", nevermind the fact that Floyd countered with two flush left hooks to Ortiz' face. Steward set him straight right after though, and then Lampley was like "Good counter punch".

Or another momnet at the end of the 3rd, where Ortiz rushed in and Floyd countered with a right hand cross right on Ortiz and then followed up with an uppercut as Ortiz circled around...all Lampley said was "Victor ortiz is quick enough to fight with Floyd Mayweather".

Or in the 4th round when Ortiz had his first moment of success and landed a couple punches on Floyd and got him in the ropes, Lampley yelled "Ortiz is ripping Mayweather on the ropes!!!!!". Or before the headbutt happened he went ape s**t, when only 2 clear punches landed.

Or in the May-Oscar fight, Oscar would throw those weak ass body punches, and Lampley yelled "There is the sustained body attack from De La Hoya!!!", when the punches were landed on Foyd's trunks or arms.

Or in the May-Cotto fight, when Cotto won rounds 6 and 8, and when rounds 5 and 9 were closer and competitive, he flat out said Floyd has lost 4 rounds in a row. And then going into the final couple rounds, he said the fight was up int he air, which it clearly wasn't.

Lampley is the worst.
            can't say i clearly recall all those instances (the ortiz ones, yes), but it definitely sounds like Lampley. I remember seeing a video (one that argued for Ortiz, just so you know what point of view the editor was using) that showed a number of instances that Floyd was said to have landed when he didn't and Ortiz wasn't credited enough (much like this video, but shorter). Essentially, it could've gone both ways in that fight with incorrect interpretations and that's the point...Lampley's game is just off, and I like the guy, but he's just not seeing it all. Out of curiosity, I'm going to pay close attention to the next non major HBO event just to see how off or good his description is of the fight we're both looking at.

Comment

I've never liked Lampley, especiallyhe past few years. Johnson is funny, but he's pretty crappy as well. I like Al Bernstein, Roy Jones, and Max Kellerman as far as usually telling it like it is as far as action in the ring.

However, when Roy is not annoucning, he sounds a bit delusional now days at times.
              I agree, Bernstein and Jones are damn good. Kellerman can be a little shaky at times. I'll never forget his interview with Floyd after the Marquez fight. He basically told Floyd to pick on someone his own size; Shane Mosley lol We all see how that went.

Comment

• saw it live- scored it easy for Manny
                saw the replay when I got home- scored it easy for Manny
                watched it against Saturday sound at a barely audible level- scored it easy for Manny

IMO for too many people are trying to find justifiable ways to edge Bradley in victory

no sound, different commentators, 1080p, super slow mo, eyes squinted etc etc

if we're trying that hard.....

Comment

• outstanding video!

respect to the guy that edit it and put this together...the problem to me is the Biased Play By Play from Lampley...he goes off into his little BS Rant on Fight Game but he is part of the problem and certainly not part of the solution

granted just to be fair, Pacquiao does have good hand speed so while watching it live it may look like Pacquiao is landing

Lampley been a biased announcer long before Pacquiao came along and he loves to sneak in little smart comments about certain fighters like "Gamboa keeps his arm down somewhere near Cuba" or his ALLAH Comment During the MAB vs Prince Naseem match

bottom line when Lampley wants a fighter to win...HE MAKES IT OBVIOUS DURING THE PLAY BY PLAY!

Comment

I agree, Bernstein and Jones are damn good. Kellerman can be a little shaky at times. I'll never forget his interview with Floyd after the Marquez fight. He basically told Floyd to pick on someone his own size; Shane Mosley lol We all see how that went.
                    That's true. It's funny how even though Marquez clearly proves he can fight well at 144, as he did in the Manny fight, Floyd still gets no props for shutting him out. Yes, Floyd is bigger. But if Marquez can fight well at the weight, why should Floyd not get his due for that fight???

And the Mosley thing was the biggest bunch of bulls**t ever. Eerybody and their brother was telling Floyd to fight Mosley or retire and die, and all this s**t. He fights him, whups him, and gets hardly any credit from loads of people. Shane was past his prime, but he was still the man at 147 after stopping Margarito, and everybody wanted that fight. And Manny didn't want to take that fight if it wasn't at 142 lbs for christ sake.

Max gets shaky at times, you can tell they are bringing him in to fully replace Merchant once Larry goes away.

Comment

That's true. It's funny how even though Marquez clearly proves he can fight well at 144, as he did in the Manny fight, Floyd still gets no props for shutting him out. Yes, Floyd is bigger. But if Marquez can fight well at the weight, why should Floyd not get his due for that fight???

And the Mosley thing was the biggest bunch of bulls**t ever. Eerybody and their brother was telling Floyd to fight Mosley or retire and die, and all this s**t. He fights him, whups him, and gets hardly any credit from loads of people. Shane was past his prime, but he was still the man at 147 after stopping Margarito, and everybody wanted that fight. And Manny didn't want to take that fight if it wasn't at 142 lbs for christ sake.

Max gets shaky at times, you can tell they are bringing him in to fully replace Merchant once Larry goes away.
                      Floyd gets credit for both from me at least. The Marquez win was sketchy until he did as well as he did versus Manny at 144. In hindsight, I actually thought Marquez put up more of a fight than Mosley did versus Floyd. Mosley just looked like he didn't know what else to do after the overhand right.

To be fair, it was Roach who didn't want the Mosley fight at 147, they ended up taking the Cotto fight at 145 shortly after. But after the Cotto fight, they were willing and open for 147 fights (hence no more catchweights at welterweight other than the Marquez fight where Manny came in at 143 to Marquez's 142), but Mosley was tied up with Berto (initially).

Comment

Working...
                      X