No announcement yet.

Sergiy Derevyanchenko would at least have a chance of beating Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergiy Derevyanchenko would at least have a chance of beating Golovkin

I think Golovkin would have little trouble against most middleweights.

The only one who might have a chance against him is Derevyanchenko.

Looks like Derevyanchenko's next fight will be an IBF final eliminator, so we may see him fight GGG sometime in 2017.

I haven't seen enough of Derevyanchenko to judge him or come up with much of an opinion of what he's capable of on the world class level, but I've heard good things about him.

And I do tend to think that people underestimate GGG's age & the impact that COULD have on him in the very near future vs some of these up & coming, hardworking, dedicated & motivated guys who don't exactly suck themselves so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I haven't seen enough of Derevyanchenko to judge him or come up with much of an opinion of what he's capable of on the world class level, but I've heard good things about him.

And I do tend to think that people underestimate GGG's age & the impact that COULD have on him in the very near future vs some of these up & coming, hardworking, dedicated & motivated guys who don't exactly suck themselves so who knows.
      Yes, GGG isn't getting any younger. Too bad he wasted several years of his prime with Universum, and then was avoided. He could have been an ATG middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

The only one who might have a chance against him is Derevyanchenko.

Looks like Derevyanchenko's next fight will be an IBF final eliminator, so we may see him fight GGG sometime in 2017.
        Agreed Derevyanchenko is the most technically skilled (hence the nickname "The Technician") fighter between 160-168 imo, and he definetly has a very good shot at upsetting GGG, all he is missing now is more experience under his belt

If some1 hasnt watched him fight do it ASAP, his fighting style is a beauty, and he has a really high ring IQ, reminds of Crawford in the way he analyzes his opponents for the 1st rounds then starts exposing their weaknesses

Comment

Can you post or tell me what fight I should check out?

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            Can you post or tell me what fight I should check out?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

The only one who [I]might[/I] have a chance against him is Derevyanchenko.

That's the key word. Right now I would give him almost no chance of beating Golovkin.

Comment

While I disagree with the main premise - canelo has a real good shot, and Jacobs may have a chance too, I do agree that derevyanchenko is the real deal. He's a good boxer and has excellent power. Wade struggled against soliman, while sergey destroyed him.

If we see them in the ring together, it's definitely possible that Golovkin takes an L

Comment

I think Canelo, Khytrov, Sergiy, Andrade and lara all have a shot at 160. Khurtsidze even troubles him.

Golovkin has never fought a guy with a special ability.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
                    I think Canelo, Khytrov, Sergiy, Andrade and lara all have a shot at 160. Khurtsidze even troubles him.

Golovkin has never fought a guy with a special ability.
                    GGG shook, Lara makes him look bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X