Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Boxing was like the NFL, NBA,...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing has always and will always have weight classes. But if Boxing was ran like the NFL and NBA in terms of one commission then that would be a good thing imo. It would mean one champion per weight division and no ducking whatsoever. The best would have to fight the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Floyd would get knocked out in ping pong

I think floyd has the perfect height weight and body frame for ping pong

Comment

Originally posted by SharpBoxer View Post

I think floyd has the perfect height weight and body frame for ping pong
        I think Chess would suit Floyd more IMO. No health risks

Comment

Originally posted by Shepporooni View Post
          Boxing has always and will always have weight classes. But if Boxing was ran like the NFL and NBA in terms of one commission then that would be a good thing imo. It would mean one champion per weight division and no ducking whatsoever. The best would have to fight the best.
          And being undefeated would actually mean something.

Imagine fighting the absolute #1 contender for the rest of your career, and not being able to take any breaks without relinquishing the belt.

You relinquish that belt, and take a 2 year vacation, you pretty much leave the sport with your tail between you legs. Of course, barring any special circumstances, like an ACL injury or something.

Comment

Working...
          X