Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allan "Sweetness" Green puts Dan Rafael on blast!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allan "Sweetness" Green puts Dan Rafael on blast!!!

May 08, 2009

DAN RAFAEL NEEDS TO STOP WRITING LIES!

By Allan "Sweetness" Green

ESPN's Dan Rafael appears to have it in for me and my advisor Greg Leon. His words reflect poorly on his professionalism, though his consistent failure to fact check, make me wonder if he has any professionalism to begin with. I only say this because for the second time in six or so months, he's printed absolutely false information regarding the goings on of my career. Earlier today he wrote that a potential fight with Lucian Bute fell apart because I overpriced myself. That is absolutely false and I am 100% certain he didn't get that information from anybody on my team. The fact of the matter is, there were brief discussions regarding the fight, however my advisor never came to me with a purse and Bute's promoter never made any offer to my promoter Lou DiBella. It is impossible to overprice yourself before a single offer is made. In short Mr. Rafael, stop writing lies about me. Editors Note: Full interview to follow Monday

So Rafael makes **** up?

What else is new?

Comment

With all the food Dan eats it must be hard to worry about facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        So Rafael makes **** up?

What else is new?
        J-Wrecks,

I like Dan. I think he is one of the more informed guys in the sport. He actually is not lazy, and he drags his big ass to the venues and pressers.

I have heard good things about him from the people I know. I'd be interested in what Ryan thinks about him.

Comment

Originally posted by QUISQUEYA View Post
          J-Wrecks,

I like Dan. I think he is one of the more informed guys in the sport. He actually is not lazy, and he drags his big ass to the venues and pressers.

I have heard good things about him from the people I know. I'd be interested in what Ryan thinks about him.

I like him too but you need to check your facts before printing your story, You need both sides of the story not just one, Dan ruin is own credibility like doug fischer does.

Comment

The problem with Dan Rafael is that he gets ALL of his reports from the same sources. He writes as though he's part of the negotiations process for all major fights. He's basically exaggerating. All the big boys give him scoops because they know Rafael writes for espn.com. But as soon as you go beyond the big boys (HBO, Top Rank, Golden Boy, etc.) the reliability of his reports drops drammatically.

Don't get me wrong. The dude knows his stuff, but let's say, for example, Bob Arum says Green "priced himself out" of a fight with Pavlik well that's what Diva Dan is going to write whether that's true or not. Then let's say a fight between Bute-Green doesn't happen, well then Diva Dan is going to write that Green "priced himself out" again. There really just wasn't enough money available for that fight. So, no offer was ever made. That's completely different from pricing yourself out.

Comment

There's nothing worse then getting all your boxing scoops from a ****er you KNOW has never boxed a day in his life.

Comment

I think it all boils down to a fight that he was scheduled to be in on ESPN like a year or so ago. I don't know the details but Green bailed out on the fight with little to no notice a day or so before the fight.

Rafael blasted him out the next day on ESPN saying that he was unprofessional and that Green would be lucky to ever get another fight on TV, additionally saying that he should be ashamed of himself.

Don't know for sure but that could be something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by QUISQUEYA View Post
                  May 08, 2009

DAN RAFAEL NEEDS TO STOP WRITING LIES!

By Allan "Sweetness" Green

ESPN's Dan Rafael appears to have it in for me and my advisor Greg Leon. His words reflect poorly on his professionalism, though his consistent failure to fact check, make me wonder if he has any professionalism to begin with. I only say this because for the second time in six or so months, he's printed absolutely false information regarding the goings on of my career. Earlier today he wrote that a potential fight with Lucian Bute fell apart because I overpriced myself. That is absolutely false and I am 100% certain he didn't get that information from anybody on my team. The fact of the matter is, there were brief discussions regarding the fight, however my advisor never came to me with a purse and Bute's promoter never made any offer to my promoter Lou DiBella. It is impossible to overprice yourself before a single offer is made. In short Mr. Rafael, stop writing lies about me. Editors Note: Full interview to follow Monday

Just became a fan of Allan Green! Would be nice if he would fight from time to time...
                  Last edited by BmoreBrawler; 05-09-2009, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Green would be more accurate if he said......

Rafael needs to quit making up lies.... only my "advisor" is allowed to make up lies.

Comment

Working...
                    X