Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler-Froch II Master Thread. Post here. DO NOT make new threads.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Very surprised the poll is as one-sided as it is.
    I think many must feel the judges will do Kessler no favours.

As great as both guys chins are, as tough as both guys are, I have a nagging feeling this may well end in a K.O

Won't make a prediction for this as I like both guys and feel they're very evenly matched, just hoping for a great fight.
    I'm quite surprised at the poll result myself. I reckon the general perception being that Froch has improved, while Kessler is over the hill.

Few see it as I do (as a Kessler fan) that Froch might have looked great against Bute, but he looked worn out against Johnson and Ward. Still he will be as motivated as ever given the chance to avenge his loss.

Looking at Kessler, you could say his chin looked suddenly vulnerabel against Green but his punch looked the class of the division. Furthermore it is worth noting that he had a serious eyeinjury in their first encounter causing him to have doublevision.

Personally I think Kessler will force the stoppage due to the bodyshots that we saw Froch did not like and given the improvement in his vision we will not see him waste as many punches.

I know Froch had a busted eardrum first time around so I suppose a case could be made for him having a better balance now.

Regardless. It wont be easy for either and a great fight is all but guaranteed.

Comment

People really shouldn't give Froch so much credit for beating Bute.....Andrade almost killed Bute. The rumanian has never fully recovered from that......

Comment

Originally posted by askoe View Post
        People really shouldn't give Froch so much credit for beating Bute.....Andrade almost killed Bute. The rumanian has never fully recovered from that......
        ....apart from when he recovered to knock him out in 4 rounds in a rematch and win his next five fights (four by KO)
        Last edited by Weebler I; 12-22-2012, 12:57 AM.

Comment

I like Froch he is one of my favorite fighters right now but I have a feeling Kessler lands that big left hook on him. Can't wait to see this fight. I like watching these 50/50 match ups this is boxing at it's best.

Comment

i reckon this fight will look very different from the first (which i must watch again sometime).

I dont think Froch will go to war against Kessler this time. He'll be a bit more tactical, both because he knows being at home means he doesnt need a KO to win and he knows he cant dominate a war. If anything, Froch (from what i can remember) seemed to be the first one to take a step backwards anytime he went toe to toe; although it didnt take him long to go back at him again! Froch has a lot of respect for KEssler, he called him the toughest son of a ***** he'd ever met (or something like that) after the bell rang after the 12th. He knows he cant bully him.

If boxing Kessler doesnt work out after a few rounds, he can always go to war as a plan B!

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
              i reckon this fight will look very different from the first (which i must watch again sometime).

I dont think Froch will go to war against Kessler this time. He'll be a bit more tactical, both because he knows being at home means he doesnt need a KO to win and he knows he cant dominate a war. If anything, Froch (from what i can remember) seemed to be the first one to take a step backwards anytime he went toe to toe; although it didnt take him long to go back at him again! Froch has a lot of respect for KEssler, he called him the toughest son of a ***** he'd ever met (or something like that) after the bell rang after the 12th. He knows he cant bully him.

If boxing Kessler doesnt work out after a few rounds, he can always go to war as a plan B!
              I don't think Froch has it in him to box for 12 rounds. It's always been his style to go to war anyway even if he's winning he still mixes it up.

When Kessler inevitably tags him he's going to come straight back.

Going to great, I can't wait.

Rooting for Froch, NEVER thought I'd be saying that especially against Kessler who I like.

Comment

Froch by decision in a very close and exciting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I don't think Froch has it in him to box for 12 rounds. It's always been his style to go to war anyway even if he's winning he still mixes it up.

When Kessler inevitably tags him he's going to come straight back.

Going to great, I can't wait.

Rooting for Froch, NEVER thought I'd be saying that especially against Kessler who I like.
                  yeah i cant see Froch not going at him at some point, but i think he'll start slow, like he did with Bute. He stayed to the game plan against AA tbf, which i didnt expect (thought he'd get KOd in that fight fighting stupid. look like an idiot now considering what happened then and after that lol). When Froch gets hit he likes to throw 2 or 3 back so his opponent knows he's in a fight, but i think it'll be in bursts this time instead of an all out war.

I'm contemplating going over to this depending when and where it is, should be a good fight. Good to see u on the Froch train at long last! Didnt think you'd ever be cheering him on!

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                    yeah i cant see Froch not going at him at some point, but i think he'll start slow, like he did with Bute. He stayed to the game plan against AA tbf, which i didnt expect (thought he'd get KOd in that fight fighting stupid. look like an idiot now considering what happened then and after that lol). When Froch gets hit he likes to throw 2 or 3 back so his opponent knows he's in a fight, but i think it'll be in bursts this time instead of an all out war.

I'm contemplating going over to this depending when and where it is, should be a good fight. Good to see u on the Froch train at long last! Didnt think you'd ever be cheering him on!
                    Been through a journey with Froch I've been on many times. He's earnt my respect and in turn, grown on me and I'm slowly becoming a fan. I still don't really like his style but I'm becoming a fan of his heart, desire and warrior like mentality and spirit.

I picked Taylor, Dirrell, Abraham, and Bute to beat him handily and with relative ease so I have no choice at all but to respect him.

If the fights in the UK, I'll be going there 100%.

Comment

I actually think Kessler has looked better since the Froch fight particularly the technique on his punches. Around the Ward/Froch fights he was slapping alot but he's turning those punches over now and has looked more sharp. I realize Green and Mcgee aren't elite but that doesn't negate the technical improvements he's shown. 50/50 i honestly don't know as alot will depend on both guys strategies and what type of fight unfolds. Really, really looking forward to it though.

Comment

Working...
                      X