Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gambling in Vegas - the "real" corruption in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gambling in Vegas - the "real" corruption in boxing?

How hard do you think it would be for a guy like CJ Ross, Dave Moretti, etc. to have a friend put x amount of dollars on a fight in Vegas that they themselves were the judge for?

I'd be curious to see how many fights were considered robberies in Vegas that were possibly gambled/bet on by these guys.

I know a lot of people assume judges are bought and paid for by the promotional companies but really, couldn't they eliminate the middle man by simply betting on the fights themselves, by using a friend to place the bet? I'm sure they aren't allowed to put money on fights themselves, as there would be a huge conflict of interest

I doubt it happens often, as it would jeopardize their careers if they simply gave decisions to dogs all the time. But a fight like Bradley/Pacquiao where most people come up with crazy stories about Bob Arum planning this all along, maybe it doesn't require Arum or Top Rank at all. Think about how much power these Vegas judges have? It's insane...

Well it depends on if they are corrupt or not~ if they are corrupt they would obviously try to cash in a little more considering they would be in the know on the fix.

I don't think that is what would be the root cause though but more taking advantage of a situation.

Comment

Working...
    X