No announcement yet.

Mayweather now a junk peddler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather now a junk peddler

With a battle against Manny Pacquiao blowing in the wind and seemingly one final gust from being sent into the eternal land of barbershop debates, Floyd Mayweather Junior seems content promoting t-shirts and key-chains on www.floydmayweather.com.

Will Pacquiao walk away from the short-end of a Team Mayweather proposed 60-40 revenue split for a fight?

Have the details of above and beyond drug testing been hammered out?

Is Floyd really taking a few years off to focus on his charity work, as he stated on this video?

Who cares, because now you can buy poorly designed t-shirts, hoodies, posters, hats, and key chains proclaiming your support for one of the best boxers in the world.

There is also talk of a designer-line of Xylocaine in the works. You can inject it in your hands, numb them, and then proceed to bash the walls around you in frustration of one of boxing's biggest fights not coming into fruition.

So what if Floyd never fights Pacquiao, or Andre Berto, or Paul Williams, or anyone else who is a threat to his undefeated record, you can sport a shirt reading, "I was born a star!" - Shane was a threat to his undefeated record...guess ya'll changed ya'll mind huh?

I first became aware of Mayweather's products via his Twitter (http://twitter.com/floydmayweather) account, when he released the following message on June 22:

"I want all my female followers to go to my site and order a pink glove key chain. I had them made especially for you.. FloydMayweather.com"

Mayweather's Twitter, which has approximately 577,000 followers - making it one of the most popular boxing Twitters, if not the most popular, has recently become littered with messages about his merchandise and iPhone application.

Floyd, your a boxing genius in the ring, but if this line of products is evidence of your business savvy outside of the sport, you should just focus on boxing.

From afar, over the years, you seem to have invested a lot of time and energy in developing your brand, and now this, a line of poorly designed products? Please, fight Pacquiao and make as much as you can inside the ring, now.

We do not want your shirts or posters, unless they are for a November fight with Manny Pacquiao.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-2...h_twitter:2850

Honestly what is the point of this thread? I really don't feel like ready all of that ****. I mean if it's to say that Mayweather is a terrible businessman outside of the sport of boxing, then I agree 100%.

Comment

Hopefully an AIDS bomb falls on Mayweather sometime soon, and then Ariza feeds Pacquiao a bowl of AIDS also.

Comment

berto is a threat to mayweather...

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy Chans View Post
          Honestly what is the point of this thread? I really don't feel like ready all of that ****. I mean if it's to say that Mayweather is a terrible businessman outside of the sport of boxing, then I agree 100%.
          Honestly, why did you post in the thread, dude?

Comment

Originally posted by Suikoden View Post
            berto is a threat to mayweather...

Mayweather's silence about the fight with Manny is deafening. So much so that they bring up his twitter page and the products he is selling. Like, who cares that he is selling a key chain or t-shirts?

Comment

His career is over.......those 5 dollar shirts that he is selling for 150 dollars sound hot, lol

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post

Mayweather's silence about the fight with Manny is deafening. So much so that they bring up his twitter page and the products he is selling. Like, who cares that he is selling a key chain or t-shirts?

i know soon theyll say he ducked berto

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  His career is over.......those 5 dollar shirts that he is selling for 150 dollars sound hot, lol
                  Yea, I agree, so Manny should fight him now.

Comment

Originally posted by Suikoden View Post
                    i know soon theyll say he ducked berto

Imagine that.

Comment

Working...
                    X