No announcement yet.

Penalties eyed if Floyd is overweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larry x View Post
    thats just stupid..fights at 147..the ww limit..why would he come in over the ww limit for a title fight???
    Ask the coward why he came in overweight for JMM when he made the poor guy moved 2 divisions up?

Of course cowards like u prefer other cowards.

Not to mention ***g0t.

Although for the *****s like u... to be gay is to be Floydie-happy.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
      I doubt that will even be an issue. 147 Floyd's best weight.
      Mayweather's best weight is actually Lightweight (where I have him ranked 5th of all time), but he is still a great fighter at Welterweight.

Comment

floyds never came in over weight in a divisional fight...**** catchweights..this is a real ww fight

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
          when was the last time he fought at 147? before he retired?
          September...

Comment

Apparently Mayweather is a Middleweight...lol. Team-Pac is getting ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by joartcc5 View Post
              Ask the coward why he came in overweight for JMM when he made the poor guy moved 2 divisions up?

Of course cowards like u prefer other cowards.

Not to mention ***g0t.

Although for the *****s like u... to be gay is to be Floydie-happy.
              shut yo funny looking ass up..check out your ugly ass face in my avator..and you call people cowards..you lil skinny *****

Comment

Originally posted by GameGod View Post
                Mayweather's best weight is actually Lightweight (where I have him ranked 5th of all time), but he is still a great fighter at Welterweight.
                i agree with this. pac's own best weight is at light ww.

in any case, it's 147 and i don't see pac having trouble filling up, based on the cotto fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GameGod View Post
                  That was true then, but now it's to prove who is the very best at welter weight.

#1 at welter weight vs #2.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    Fearing that Floyd Mayweather may make a mockery of the agreed welterweight limit of 147 lbs on March 13, 2010, Manny Pacquiao’s camp is making sure the flashy American fighter is going to play by the rules.

“Our concern is that Floyd might come in at 150 lbs during the official weighin (on the eve of the fight),” said Pacquiao lawyer Franklin Gacal on Monday when asked about the measures the Filipino star is undertaking to guarantee that he doesn’t end up getting the raw end of the deal.

While Gacal acknowledges the fact that contracts have yet to be signed, a clause must be included in the contract that will penalize Mayweather in case he exceeds the agreed weight limit.

“Of course, we will not let this pass,” said Gacal, noting that a penalty of not lower than $1 million per pound will be slapped in excess of 147 lbs against Mayweather. “We will put that particular provision in the contract.”

When Mayweather fought Juan Manuel Marquez last September, he didn’t mind shelling out thousands of dollars after he could not meet the agreed weight of 144 lbs as he tipped the scales at 146.

In the end, Mayweather was forced to cough up a total of $600,000 as every pound cost him $300,000.

Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum is now back in the US after conferring with Pacquiao last week and a meeting with Golden Boy Promotions (GBP) Chief Executive Officer Richard Schaefer is set for Monday. Schaefer has been given the authority to represent Mayweather in the negotiations.

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/232991...oyd-overweight
                    Waste of time,Floyd has never been overweight withthe official weight scales.He just made a mockery of catchweights

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Harvey View Post
                      Waste of time,Floyd has never been overweight withthe official weight scales.He just made a mockery of catchweights
                      That was the jist of the whole weight fiasco.

Funny ass sig there.
                      Last edited by MindBat; 12-07-2009, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X