No announcement yet.

Naseem Richardson & Ann Wolfe Fresh Interviews

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naseem Richardson & Ann Wolfe Fresh Interviews

Two highly respected trainers get interviewed on the same show. Here's some paraphrased parts:

Naseem Richardson: "During the fights in between rounds Hopkins told me when Tarver hit him "this sucker can punch". When Pavlik hit him in the arm Bernard said "I don't want to get hit flush in the face with that." When Calzaghe hit him Bernard said "This guy punches like my sister."

"The only guys I'd like to see Bernard fight for the rest of his career are Glen Johnson and the remaining title holders."

Full Show > http://www.blogtalkradio.com/hectore...2/18/ko-lounge

Ann Wolfe: "Someone is trying to knock you out. How can you not prepare for that? Someone is trying to kill you. I know when I was in the ring I was trying to kill whoever was in the other corner.

Laila Ali plays boxing. I live boxing. For people who think your training methods are like this and like that. Society is just weak, they want everything at a click of a button. When you prepare someone to fight, you got to do it hard"

Comment

I wanted to see Anne Wolfe KO Laila Ali so bad. I was laughing so hard when Laila Ali was trying to act hard when she beat Christy Martin's old ass.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
        I wanted to see Anne Wolfe KO Laila Ali so bad. I was laughing so hard when Laila Ali was trying to act hard when she beat Christy Martin's old ass.
        That would have been a great match up, shame it never happened. Wolfe talks about the Kirkland situation in this interview - it sounds like they're never going to work together again after Kirkland tried to sue the whole team.

She says that she was never paid for her training - only for the management.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
          That would have been a great match up, shame it never happened. Wolfe talks about the Kirkland situation in this interview - it sounds like they're never going to work together again after Kirkland tried to sue the whole team.

She says that she was never paid for her training - only for the management.
          Damn. She didn't get paid??? I'd be pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
            Damn. She didn't get paid??? I'd be pissed.
            She said she was never once paid for training, only ever paid for the manager side of things. And Kirkland is now trying to sue the team, including the old man who "rescued" him and Ann when they were younger. So yeah she was pretty damn pissed about the situation, it was a good interview. She couldn't even name Kirkland because the trial is still ongoing, so they had to get around mentioning his name for legal purposes.

Comment

She said she was never once paid for training, only ever paid for the manager side of things. And Kirkland is now trying to sue the team, including the old man who "rescued" him and Ann when they were younger. So yeah she was pretty damn pissed about the situation, it was a good interview. She couldn't even name Kirkland because the trial is still ongoing, so they had to get around mentioning his name for legal purposes.
              Something must have went horribly wrong, or they withheld some funds from him.

Comment

When Pavlik hit him in the arm Bernard said "I don't want to get hit flush in the face with that."
                But when Pavlik hit him flush in the face with a right hand, B-Hop smiled and looked at the crowd. Maybe it was mind games but in the late rounds B-Hop started to take chances, like he lost respect for Pavlik's power.

Comment

Naseem Richardson: "During the fights in between rounds Hopkins told me when Tarver hit him "this sucker can punch". When Pavlik hit him in the arm Bernard said "I don't want to get hit flush in the face with that." When Calzaghe hit him Bernard said "This guy punches like my sister."

Comment

Oh man, don't let Daggum see that Naseem interview.

Comment

Working...
                    X