Video: Barry Hearn calling out Frank Warren. Haha

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Barry Hearn calling out Frank Warren. Haha

Start of the video. Pretty hilarious.

Also post fight reaction to brook-porter.

True enough. Nothing bad to say about Eddie Hean. He takes risks, he gets his fighters title shots and he's putting on both small hall shows and Wembley megafights. Boxing is in the ascendancy in Britain.

Comment

I don't get this big debate about home advantage.

Of course it's better to have home advantage. What's Hearn's record for his fighters away from home?

Brook was always in with a chance of winning. I think Warren made the point that Hearn was sending fighters abroad with zero chance like Brian Rose or Rees.

Comment

Yeah saw this.
        Loved Eddie's reaction to it "What are sayin Dad?!" Haha.

Comment

I agree with everything Eddie says about home advantage, if you fight away from home and your good enough you'll win.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            I don't get this big debate about home advantage.

Of course it's better to have home advantage. What's Hearn's record for his fighters away from home?

Brook was always in with a chance of winning. I think Warren made the point that Hearn was sending fighters abroad with zero chance like Brian Rose or Rees.
            Of the top of my head, I can think of Froch, Rees, Rose & Bellew who have lost away from home in a title fight.

He has Barker and Brook who's won away.

Regardless, of course it's better to fight at home. However, there are also times when you need to realize that it's impossible to bring a fight over. I mean, did Warren think he was going to get Broner over to the UK to fight Rees? Or Ward? Or Stevenson? Was never going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTheLad View Post
              I agree with everything Eddie says about home advantage, if you fight away from home and your good enough you'll win.
              I'm not sure Gabriel Campillo, Raymundo Beltran, Mauricio Herrera, Erislandy Lara, Glen Johnson or Martin Murray would agree.

On Eddie, he's doing a very good job, had a lot of luck but has made the most of it. Smug guy tho imo.

Comment

Working...
              X