Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko v Bermane Stiverne - who would have won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitali Klitschko v Bermane Stiverne - who would have won?

If Vitali was able to have gone through with that fight before he was struck down to retirement by niggling injuries and politics, would he have shown his age and had problems against B-Ware? Or would his experience have carried him through to another comfortable victory? Would it have been a good name and win to finish his career on?

Discuss
    Vitali Klitschko KO/TKO
    57.58%
    Vitali Klitschko Decision
    34.85%
    Bermane Stiverne KO/TKO
    1.52%
    Bermane Stiverne Decision
    3.03%
    Not sure/evenly matched/difficult to predict
    3.03%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
    If Vitali was able to have gone through with that fight before he was struck down to retirement by niggling injuries and politics, would he have shown his age and had problems against B-Ware? Or would his experience have carried him through to another comfortable victory? Would it have been a good name and win to finish his career on?

Discuss
    Klitschko UD12. Too much length for Stiverne to get off.

Comment

Vitali Klitschko.. too much size.. too much power & unlike Areolla... volume puncher with precision including a jab that would've been all over Stiverne.

Stiverne doesn't throw enough punches.. won't reach the target as easily & Klitschko had an iron jaw for the ages.. I keep hearing about Areolla's chin.... while strong.. it gets too much credit around these parts.. his defense has always been shady... as for Wladimir...same result as Vitali except for the fact he can't afford to get anywhere near Stiverne's power.

That's always been the difference between both Klitschko's & that's why Vitali was & will always be the superior boxer. Wlad has been forced to throw less punches to protect his chin despite starting off as a precise volume power puncher that Vitali always is... no chance in hell against Vitali.. esp for the fact Stiverne is easy to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by KBRO View Post
        Vitali Klitschko.. too much size.. too much power & unlike Areolla... volume puncher with precision including a jab that would've been all over Stiverne.

Stiverne doesn't throw enough punches.. won't reach the target as easily & Klitschko had an iron jaw for the ages.. I keep hearing about Areolla's chin.... while strong.. it gets too much credit around these parts.. his defense has always been shady... as for Wladimir...same result as Vitali except for the fact he can't afford to get anywhere near Stiverne's power.

That's always been the difference between both Klitschko's & that's why Vitali was & will always be the superior boxer. Wlad has been forced to throw less punches to protect his chin despite starting off as a precise volume power puncher that Vitali always is... no chance in hell against Vitali.. esp for the fact Stiverne is easy to hit.
        Yeah I think Vitali would outwork him for a clear decision or stop him late. Would depend on how active he would be though, because Stiverne has a solid chin. Would have been very impressed if Vitali managed to stop him, age 41/42.

Comment

Originally posted by KBRO View Post

I agree. unless vitali even fully regressed hed have handily beat stiverne. you cant beat vitali by just waiting to counter punch and lie against the ropes. he'll eat you alive

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
            I agree. unless vitali even fully regressed hed have handily beat stiverne. you cant beat vitali by just waiting to counter punch and lie against the ropes. he'll eat you alive
            This Stiverne dude reminds of a slower version of David Haye & fitter version of Solis.. same style countering with power... it works against one dimensional fighters like Areolla.

Comment

It would be one hell of a fight but I feel Stiverne may have won a unanimous decision against Viltai. Everyone is talking about Wilder but I feel Stiverne is the best prospect in a long time to be a Klitschko. The guy is the real deal and I think at this point has more than enough to overwhelm and beat Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
                It would be one hell of a fight but I feel Stiverne may have won a unanimous decision against Viltai. Everyone is talking about Wilder but I feel Stiverne is the best prospect in a long time to be a Klitschko. The guy is the real deal and I think at this point has more than enough to overwhelm and beat Wlad.
                Lol are you serious bro? You honestly believe Stiverne (who was down on cards against Arreola) would win a UD vs Vitali, taking into account Vitali has never lost a decision or been down on scorecards at the end of the fight, and the fight would probably be in Germany where he would get a gift decision even if he somehow struggled. And he isn't really a prospect, aged 35/36. He's a good fighter, but I think it's quite laughable to suggest he has 'more than enough' to 'overwhelm' Wlad. He would make it a fight, but he has low chances v either Klitschko.

Comment

Yeah I think Vitali would outwork him for a clear decision or stop him late. Would depend on how active he would be though, because Stiverne has a solid chin. Would have been very impressed if Vitali managed to stop him, age 41/42.
                  Unfortunately... look what an inferior Ray Austin nearly did to this guy. His style is made to order for Areolla. Vitali would've dominated him & RECEIVED no credit for it as he usually did vs his opposition around here. Stiverne looks good now but would've been just another criticized weak opponent had he fought Vitali & anyone who doesn't think so is lying through his teeth.

Until we start admitting to ourselves how skillful Vitali REALLY was... this forum will always be a place for ineptitude & shadiness. Vitali has never even lost 3 rds in a fight... the closest one has ever come to outboxing him was when he ONLY won 2/3 of the rds..

Dude won a BOXING record 95% of the rds he fought & stopped practically 90% of his opposition he faced while outboxing... outthrowing... outjabbing... outlanding & outpowerpunching every single one of his 47 opponents WITHOUT any rematches.

Needless to say this type of dominance combining the sweet science & power will never be duplicated again... it;'s a travesty that he does NOT get full credit for this on these forums without the steady diet of bullshot excuses as to why he was the ONLY one able to obtain such a dominance that even Floyd Mayweather could only dream of.

Comment

Lol are you serious bro? You honestly believe Stiverne (who was down on cards against Arreola) would win a UD vs Vitali, taking into account Vitali has never lost a decision or been down on scorecards at the end of the fight, and the fight would probably be in Germany where he would get a gift decision even if he somehow struggled. And he isn't really a prospect, aged 35/36. He's a good fighter, but I think it's quite laughable to suggest he has 'more than enough' to 'overwhelm' Wlad. He would make it a fight, but he has low chances v either Klitschko.
                    I wasn't really scoring rounds in the Arreola vs Stiverne fight because I knew it wouldn't go the distance. In my eyes Stiverne was baiting Arreola in and making him tired. Even if Vitali or Wlad would be given a gift decision in Germany, that still doesn't mean that in reality Stiverne lost. Also, Vitali faced Arreola in Los Angeles so there may have been a chance they'd meet there. Anyway, Stiverne is not an old 35-year-old. He still probably has a good three years left on the elite level in the division.

Comment

Working...
                    X