Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire vs Vazquez Being Positioned For New York Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

perfect place to have it in, can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
      Vázquez doesn't have the mental tools to be an elite fighter, right now. That's what happened with Arce.

Vázquez talks too much, postures too much. He got discouraged by Arce's fierceness. Chill the "look at me attitude" and just put in hard work.

Bad matchup for Vázquez at this stage of his career.
      Despite it not going the way it should have done from his perspective, I thought Vázquez at least kept trying to compete against Arce. It's not like he threw his dummies out of his pram and got stupid; it was just a more competitive fight than he and his team thought it should have been and, of course, he ended up getting KOd by the guy with way more experience. It was a good lesson for Vásquez and an AWESOME fight, way better than the one at the top of the bill.

Still think Donaire wins though. Donaire has virtually everything.

Comment

Why is Vazquez Jr not being build up more intelligently? Does Arum not care about him? He carefully picks his superstars opponents and matches them to their favor. So he must not think much of WVjr. I think Vazquez losing to the midget Jorge Arce, basically made Arum just want to give him an early gatekeeper role in the Top Rank company. He will be a "name" opponent on Donaire's resume and a bunch of other stars to come. I guess Arum is building up one fighter here, and that's Donaire. It's a decent fight as Donaire waits for the Ramos-Rigondeaux winner.

Comment

I think Vasquez should be fighting someone else at this point in his career. He's got a bright future ahead of him. Why waste it by fighting Donaire? Why the rush? He'd be lucky if he can get past the 8th round against Donaire. Vasquez is good but he's not yet ready for the likes of Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Why is Vazquez Jr not being build up more intelligently? Does Arum not care about him? He carefully picks his superstars opponents and matches them to their favor. So he must not think much of WVjr. I think Vazquez losing to the midget Jorge Arce, basically made Arum just want to give him an early gatekeeper role in the Top Rank company. He will be a "name" opponent on Donaire's resume and a bunch of other stars to come. I guess Arum is building up one fighter here, and that's Donaire. It's a decent fight as Donaire waits for the Ramos-Rigondeaux winner.
            If it's one thing great that Top Rank does is build it's fighter up very intelligently. They have probably the best match maker in the business in Bruce Trampler.

If you look at WV2 career, he had a bunch of easy touches. They build him up intelligently. They gave him what suppose to be a soft touch but with name value in Jorge Arce. And, we all know what happened there.

He's not that good, he's a gate keeper level fighter. You're right in this fight they're building up Donaire. They did all they could do with WV2.

Comment

Good fight. Donaire got this tho.

Comment

Who's going to this? Hit me up, we can chill before the fight

Comment

I would rather have arce but this will do and February is good sched for Nonito's next fight...

Comment

I d like to see Donaire Vs rigondeaux that would be one to watch but i think donaire will avoid him if not he should................

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      it's not Arum but the old man, PR Best Boxing/Rivera Boxing and All Star Boxing who promote him and are desperate for the title...WV2 has shortcomings Nono will expose, worse than Arce..

Comment

Working...
                      X