Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chambers vs. Klitschko will not be televised by HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raf said it's more so the date then the match up.

Comment

Damn that sucks.

Hopefully ESPN takes it.

Comment

It probably won't even be aired in the US period.

Well... W. Klitschko vs. Byrd I wasn't aired by HBO either...

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
          They televised Wlad fighting past-prime Hasim Rahman, so why not a prime, focused Eddie Chambers?
          I think you answered your own question. Wlad-Chambers won't be televised because Wlad-Rahman was. Snoooooozefest.

The Klits don't do themselves any favors when it comes to getting TV time in America. Wlad-Ibragimov, Wlad-Chagaev, Vitali-Gomez, Vitali-Johnson, etc. etc. etc. The Klits are rarely in entertaining fights.

Comment

Get your **** together HBO.

Comment

this is rediculous. what if no other us network picks it up?...imagine if chambers pulls the upset to be THE heavyweight champ and it wont even be televised by an american tv station..unbelievable.

Comment

I wont be surprised if HBO will hype Chambers after the fight.

Comment

Somebody will pick it up in the states. They usually do it at the last minute for the better price. How do you think espn classic can afford these.

Comment

They should televise it.. In terms of the entertainment value, Chambers fast and flashy style will counteract Wlad's robotic, repetitive, yet highly effective technique. It should be an entertaining fight, unless Chambers is unable to frequently slip the jab successfully, in which case it'll turn out to be a typical Wlad jab fest.

Comment

Can't really blame HBO here, I like Wladimir but his last 5 fights have been boring as ****. I think they were paying over 2 million for his last fights and that was a big waste of money, It will probably be televised on ESPN classic or even ESPN2.

Win win situation, Americans get to see the fight and HBO keeps the big site fee for a better more exciting fight down the line.

Comment

Working...
                      X