Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Cotto has a better resume than Trinidad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Cotto has a better resume than Trinidad?

I noticed a poster with a sig of a quote of Burner saying Cotto has a better resume than Trinidad, as if to ridicule him.

Everyone knows i don't like Cotto as a boxer, And i was once a Trinidad fan. But I was thinking maybe Cotto does have a better resume? or maybe not?

Does he?

Tito Trinidad's Notable wins:

Blockerr(idk why but posters regard this as a notable win)
    Camacho
    Luis Campas
    Oba Carr
    Pernell Whitaker(Past Prime
    Oscar De La Hoya(Supposedly)
    David Reid
    Fernando Vargas
    William Joppy
    Ricardo Mayorga

Cotto's Notable wins:

Maussa(Undefeated)
    Victoriano Sosa(not a notable win for Floyd but you can give it to Cotto for obvious reasons)
    Lovemore N'Dou(undefeated)
    Demarcus Corley
    Ricardo Torres(undefeated)(real good win)
    Paul Malignaggi(undefeated)(another real good win)
    Carlos Quintana (Undefeated, Cotto was underdog in this fight so it was more than just a good win)
    Zab Judah
    Shane Mosley(Arguably a better name than any prime fighter on Tito's resume)
    Joshua Clottey

I guess it's arguable. I know the oldies will shut down Cotto and say Tito by a mile, but you have to think with a resume like this at 28 years old and we still don't know if Cotto will beat Pacquiao and then fight Mayweather.

With all favoring the oldies aside(Cause it's a trend in Boxingscene that the fighters from back in the days are better than the one's from now no matter what[for some reason]) I think that Cotto's resume is better than Trinidad's resume as it stands right now. BUT, don't get me wrong, WW Trinidad would crush Cotto.

I know i'm gonna have some of the oldies on my ass for this but It's either even now or Cotto edges Trinidad just a bit.

no way.

Tito not only wins his opponnet his KO power is much scarier than Cotto.

He got alot of quality fighter one is Vargas which is much better then Margarito ever.

Comment

I did not follow Trinidad. I did not particularly care for him.

Comment

I think cause Tito had more charisma, has more fans, was more popular in his prime than Cotto was, it psychologically sets fans minds that Trinidad has a better resume than Cotto. But if you study both of them(not only boxrec and youtube them) you closely study them, you can't say Trinidad fought tougher opposition than Cotto. I just don't see why.

Like I said before, it's either even now or Cotto edges him a bit.

Comment

TRINIDAD is cheater.

He wanted to fight HOPKINS with bricks.

He put plaster in his wraps.

COTTO has clearly better resume,cuz we dont know how many fights TITO TRINIDAD fought with PLASTER.

Comment

youre exaggerating with some of Cotto's LWW wins. having wins over Maussa, Sosa, and Ndou doesnt mean too much, regardless of undefeated records.

Blocker was still highly rated at WW when Trinidad murdered him, altouhg Norris did the same thing. you forget his win over Garcia too, who was top ten material at the time.
            his wins over Reid and Vargas are the scale tippers for him. both these guys were considered the cream of the crop at 154lbs, although imo Reid wasnt as good as people make him out to be sometimes.
            His success at 160lbs is just icing on the cake.

how the hell was Ndou undefeated when he fought Cotto? did I miss something? lol.

Comment

i'm a tito fan (it took his first retirement for me to realize it) and i'm gonna say that tito has a better resume so far...

i'll agree with Kev in that Tito's 'flash' and the brutality he brought in fights might cause some fight fans to slightly overrate him..

however, Miguel has a very solid resume himself...add PAC to that after november then possibly mayweather or another marquee name and you could have a real debate on who's res' is better

on a side note, i think Tito runs thru Miguel's resume

Comment

Tito would beat everyone on Miguels resume, with the only question mark being Mosley. Cotto would lose to a numbe rof people of Titos resume.

Comment

Felix' res>Cotto's res

Comment

Kevin,

what is it you especially don't like about Cotto as a boxer, out of interest?

I can understand not being his biggest fan, but it's hard to see what's to really dislike either.
                    Just me, but, from being kind of semi-indifferent at one point, my admiration for both the man and his style has really grown over the last 2 and a half years or so.

Comment

Working...
                    X