No announcement yet.

Pacquiao/Cotto, Mayweather/Marquez, and the UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao/Cotto, Mayweather/Marquez, and the UFC

So there's alot of rumors going around that Mayweather/Marquez beat UFC 103 by a long shot. Will Pacquiao/Cotto do the same? November 14th, UFC will hold UFC 105 in England. The main event features Randy Couture vs Brandon Vera, who is surprisingly filipino and will be fighting on the same night as fellow countryman Manny Pacquiao. The difference here is that it won't be a PPV war because UFC 105 will be aired free on spike TV. Do you think this will have an effect on the Pacquiao/Cotto PPV numbers? I sure hope not. If it does, some of the Mayweather fans might have been correct in their assumptions that Mayweather/Marquez will out-do Pacquiao/Cotto as far as buy rates are concerned. I highly doubt it but, it's possible.

Pacquiao-Cotto will outdo Mayweather-Marquez. And it'll outdo UFC. It's just that big of a fight. A lot of tickets have been sold already.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoppage View Post
      Pacquiao-Cotto will outdo Mayweather-Marquez. And it'll outdo UFC. It's just that big of a fight. A lot of tickets have been sold already.
      yea i agree.. it just means that people dont have to pay for a whack UFC fight since its gonna be free and more people can spend the money on pac and cotto.. im sure some of the pay per view buys for floyd went to ufc since it was on the same night..

so in short.. Pac/Cotto will do just fine..

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
        yea i agree.. it just means that people dont have to pay for a whack UFC fight since its gonna be free and more people can spend the money on pac and cotto.. im sure some of the pay per view buys for floyd went to ufc since it was on the same night..

so in short.. Pac/Cotto will do just fine..
        I'm sure it will do fine too, but for people that are casual fans of both sports and those were on the fence about ordering this PPV, they now have a free option.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit-Punches View Post
          I'm sure it will do fine too, but for people that are casual fans of both sports and those were on the fence about ordering this PPV, they now have a free option.
          the money that they wont use on UFC they will spend on the pac/cotto.. UFC just did boxing a favor.. because they will buy the boxing match and can switch to UFC(i dunno why they would want to) and it will be free.. 2 for the price of 1..

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
            the money that they wont use on UFC they will spend on the pac/cotto.. UFC just did boxing a favor.. because they will buy the boxing match and can switch to UFC(i dunno why they would want to) and it will be free.. 2 for the price of 1..
            Ahh, good point!

Comment

Working...
            X