Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Rome Burns Shaq

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaq is willing to do anything to get attention.

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
      how many times did Snaq, the biggest and strongest in the league, lead the NBA in rebounds?

like Rome said, he had the potential to get six but he didnt...he didnt have that drive...trust me, i watched him play every night for 8 years

as for Orlando, garbage? really? dude, that team was LOADED...Nick Anderson, Brian Shaw, Penny,Horace Grant, Dennis Scott...those guys werent bums

and when he went to Miami, i dont know if you watched that run but he piggybacked off Wade...in fact, Zo was more of a factor in the middle than he was

i'm not a Rome guys (Dan Patrick rules) but he was spot on in assessing Snaq

and lastly, he's also dead on with what he's gonna bring to the Celts
      kobe was at fault for the pistons loss he jacked way to many and shot like 30 something percent and shaq was getting double teamed not zo or wade against the mavericks.....With that said yea he could of tried harder at times................But you guys missed out 2 days ago rome was fuken clowning on grandpa joe from willy wonka. He called him lazy because he acted like he could barely stay alive while his wife busted her ass. But decided to get right up and dance when the kid brought home the golden ticket hahahahahahha

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
        They seem to have edited out the audio for a second with the pleas.

Anyways I wish Everett would have whipped his ass.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Rome is and always will be the biggest ****tard that has anything to do with sports journalism(if that's what he wishes to call it what he does). His logic of, "so and so could have done more in his career" can be associated with every single athlete in every single professional sport in the world, heck in life. Could we all have done more than we have in our lives up to t his point? Of ****ing course, could Jordan have done more and won more than he did, ughh yes but does that mean he's not great. Jordan "could" have won a championship for every season he played but he didn't so I guess he sucks.

Jim Rome = biggest ****ing loser, tool, and douchebag on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by USA4LIFE View Post
            Rome is and always will be the biggest ****tard that has anything to do with sports journalism(if that's what he wishes to call it what he does). His logic of, "so and so could have done more in his career" can be associated with every single athlete in every single professional sport in the world, heck in life. Could we all have done more than we have in our lives up to t his point? Of ****ing course, could Jordan have done more and won more than he did, ughh yes but does that mean he's not great. Jordan "could" have won a championship for every season he played but he didn't so I guess he sucks.

you didnt watch the video huh?

Rome didn't just come up with that blast for Snaq...it was in response to Snaq claming that he 'overachieved' in his career

Comment

I understand the media/reporter/analyst to criticize atheletes but Jim Rome is an *******. What has he actually accomplish in sports, i mean actually competing.

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
                you didnt watch the video huh?

Rome didn't just come up with that blast for Snaq...it was in response to Snaq claming that he 'overachieved' in his career
                Is that so? And.....? Maybe Shaq really didn't think he would be that good. Maybe he thought he would just be a journeyman type of player or something. I don't know **** about basketball or his career but if the thinks he did more that he thought he could who is Rome or anyone else to disagree? No one knows Shaq and his ability more that Shaq himself.

Comment

Is that so? And.....? Maybe Shaq really didn't think he would be that good. Maybe he thought he would just be a journeyman type of player or something. I don't know **** about basketball or his career but if the thinks he did more that he thought he could who is Rome or anyone else to disagree? No one knows Shaq and his ability more that Shaq himself.

c'mon now bro...a journeyman? the dude was the #1 overall draft pick..he was in the finals in his 3rd year...you could argue that he was, as he likes to proclaim, the most dominant ever...had Snaq taken cared of his body and worked to expand his game, instead of his waistline, he could have really put a major footprint in the history of the game

and its not just Rome...and listen, i dont even like Rome but all he did is echo the same sentiment as those who has watched Snaq's career

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
                    I understand the media/reporter/analyst to criticize atheletes but Jim Rome is an *******. What has he actually accomplish in sports, i mean actually competing.
                    hahah fuken hater..rome is the funniest dude on any level

Comment

this article from 2003 should explain Rome's point of view:

The second of the Lakers' problems literally is more monumental and even less-easily solved: Shaquille O'Neal's weight.

"When Shaq first came into the league back in 1992," says a veteran NBA coach, "he was built along the lines of a slightly bulkier David Robinson. Around seven-one and 285 pounds. Strong and powerful, but still quick and kind of sleek. These days, Shaq looks and moves like he weighs close to four-hundred pounds."

That estimate is seconded by several current players. But in the absence of a public weighing on a cattle scale, nobody really knows how much poundage The Big Load is really carrying around. Yet the fact that Shaq not only shuns any kind of scale, but totally freezes out any media maven bold enough to bring up the subject of his weight is a strong indication that Shaq is well aware of the problem.

"Shaq's got a Superman tattoo," says one Eastern Conference big man. "He's got a Superman logo on his car, and another one cut into his leather jackets. I think he's made a conscious decision to bulk up and make himself as strong as Superman. He wants players to bounce off of him so that the paint belongs only to him. But we have another name for Shaq: 'Fat Albert.'"

With his size and his skills, Shaq remains the monster of the midway. At the same time, his effectiveness has diminished in direct proportion to the increase of his body mass.

# In his younger, lighter days, Shaq routinely would jump two or three times in pursuit of an elusive rebound. Lately, he's capable of only a couple multiple-jumps per game. Otherwise, it's one-and-done with the effort.

# Shaq is so slow off the floor that younger/smaller/bouncier players regularly beat him to the top of his jump and snatch rebounds meant for him.

# Whereas Shaq's rebounding range used to be three or four body-spaces in every direction, he now rebounds as though he were locked inside a telephone booth.

# His shot-blocking range is also more limited because he's floor-bound and still gathering himself to jump while too many shots have already been launched in the lane.

# Shaq's decreased lateral mobility severely hampers the Lakers' defensive rotations.

# More of his shots are getting blocked than ever before.

# His pivot spins and drop steps are now being performed in slo-mo.

Shaq still gets his points, but as his weight increases, his other skills may be eroding.

# Because he can't change direction, Shaq has tremendous difficulty trying to guard anybody who can face him up.

# He's being tagged with more fouls because he usually arrives too late to the scene of the shot, and because he's becoming more susceptible to fakes.

# Late in ballgames, he's often unable to dunk the ball in a crowd.
                      http://espn.go.com/page2/s/rosen/030518.html

Comment

Working...
                      X