No announcement yet.

Harrison fails in bid to win back licence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrison fails in bid to win back licence

FORMER world champion Scott Harrison has failed in his bid to have his licence reinstated by the British Boxing Board of Control.

The former WBO featherweight champion from Cambuslang appeared before a meeting of the BBBC in Cardiff yesterday to plead his case. But Harrison, 30, who was represented at the hearing, was found guilty of allegations of misconduct and told that the suspension, originally imposed in December 2006, will remain in force until the end of January next year.

Harrison has right of appeal, but it appears extremely unlikely that the BBBC will overturn the decision.

The BBBC is expected to release a statement later today.

Originally posted by Roocky View Post
    FORMER world champion Scott Harrison has failed in his bid to have his licence reinstated by the British Boxing Board of Control.

The former WBO featherweight champion from Cambuslang appeared before a meeting of the BBBC in Cardiff yesterday to plead his case. But Harrison, 30, who was represented at the hearing, was found guilty of allegations of misconduct and told that the suspension, originally imposed in December 2006, will remain in force until the end of January next year.

Harrison has right of appeal, but it appears extremely unlikely that the BBBC will overturn the decision.

The BBBC is expected to release a statement later today.
    Im not surprised he failed to get his license back he has been in trouble with the police and battling addictions so theres no way the bbbc would reinstate his licence I wouldnt be surprised if he never gets his license reinstated.

Comment

I aint suprised, he was supposed to be getting clean but ended up in trouble with the police again, why would they let him back?

Comment

I'm actually disappointed by this, Scotland's too small to lose professional fighters.

I'm also a bit worried about Harrison's future. Without boxing to keep him on a disciplined path his life could sink lower and lower. I'd like to think he'd keep at the training and re-apply next year but I suppose chances of that are slim unless he really does regret his past and keeps his heid screwed on.

Comment

When you consider that he's actually younger than Carl Froch (only by a month, but still) and 4 years younger than Witter, he could still achieve something if only he could get it together.

With fighters like Pac, JMM, Valero, Barrera, Morales and Guzman having fought in the division during the time that he's been away, you have to wonder how much he could've achieved if only he'd not had so many problems outside of the ring. Not saying he would've beaten all of those guys, but whatever the result he would've made a few quid and I'm sure given a good enough performance to enhance his reputation.

Comment

STOP DRINKING YOU GREAT TOOL!

Comment

Working...
            X