No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Ponders Mayweather vs. Khan at Wembley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer Ponders Mayweather vs. Khan at Wembley

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer has a tough job ahead of him - finding the next opponent for Floyd Mayweather Jr. (45-0, 26KOs), who plans to fight again on May 3. The current landscape is not exactly showering down opponents who would come close to this past Saturday's record-breaking event. Mayweather dominated Saul "Canelo" Alvarez over twelve rounds at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The gate alone cracked the $20 million dollar mark.

[Click Here To Read More]

Khan has done nothing to earn a chance to face mayweather.

Comment

Please give us Floyd vs Kell Brook instead, at least he's never been KTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by swagswag View Post
        Neither did Ortiz or guerrero

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
          Neither did Ortiz or guerrero
          They beat the legendary Berto though

Comment

He would have beaten the IBF champion Devon Alexander by May 3 if he wins in December

I full support Alexander/Khan winner getting a shot.
            Last edited by -PBP-; 09-15-2013, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Even if Khan sensationally beats Alexander why does Schaefer keep drumming on about it being in the UK.

Floyd won't fight outside Vegas, from a business point of view he has no need to. It's where all the money is.

Comment

ahha damn they really want to get Khan one monster fight

his shaky chin and hand speed makes the fight somewhat interesting though

Comment

if he beats alexander he's as good an opponent as anyone else

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
                  Please give us Floyd vs Kell Brook instead, at least he's never been KTFO.
                  brook sucks

i'd love to see mayweather fight here in britain before he retires. i'm sure it would be quite an event, and i think he would have to approach a khan fight differently to his recent ones so it could be refreshing in that sense also

Comment

If Khan's chin holds up then I reckon he'll be able to maybe steal 4-5 rounds off Mayweather. Ultimately tho, he isn't smart enough to win 7 rounds.

Still gives Floyd a better fight than Canelo or Guerrero did. Altho Garcia deserves the payday, Floyd would catch his looping punches all day.

Khan would make the most money for Floyd and put up the best fight out of all possible opponents imo. Again I repeat that's if his chin holds up.

Comment

Working...
                    X