No announcement yet.

Kovalev to fight again this year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    It shouldn't be Dawson. He needs to take his time and come back properly.
    I agree. Good for Kovalevs resume but career suicide for Dawson until he gets a win or two behind him. Fonfara or Alvarez are most likely I'd say. B'Hop's the one he might want most, but neither SHO or HBO will let it be made. Technically Kovalev could, but I think he's getting a multifight deal outta HBO, which won't fly if it's exclusive. Tony Bellew's supposed to be getting the Stevenson - Cloud winner, and Bute - Pascals already made for Dec 7 so there ain't much else unless Shumenov's found his missing glove yet, I suppose Chilemba's a possibility, but will gain Kovalev zero credit.

Bhop, Shumenov or Sad Chad are ideal, but Fonfara, Alvarev or Chilemba much more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      I agree. Good for Kovalevs resume but career suicide for Dawson until he gets a win or two behind him. Fonfara or Alvarez are most likely I'd say. B'Hop's the one he might want most, but neither SHO or HBO will let it be made. Technically Kovalev could, but I think he's getting a multifight deal outta HBO, which won't fly if it's exclusive. Tony Bellew's supposed to be getting the Stevenson - Cloud winner, and Bute - Pascals already made for Dec 7 so there ain't much else unless Shumenov's found his missing glove yet, I suppose Chilemba's a possibility, but will gain Kovalev zero credit.

Bhop, Shumenov or Sad Chad are ideal, but Fonfara, Alvarev or Chilemba much more likely.
      Shumenov claimed to be willing to fight Cleverly in Vegas where he lives. Maybe he will fight Kovalev if they offered him enough money.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Shumenov claimed to be willing to fight Cleverly in Vegas where he lives. Maybe he will fight Kovalev if they offered him enough money.
        You sure he isn't dead?
        He's been MIA for a while

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
          Nah, not yet, I think Chilemba. Bellew should fight Fonfara, winner gets the winner.
          I'd be cool with Chilemba too. That should be a challenge, stylistically speaking. Problem is that he doesn't have much pop.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 08-20-2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

It's obvious he's fighting Enzo Maccarinelli next. Saturday was a showcase for the fight. It will eclipse the September 14th bill.

War Macca

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              It shouldn't be Dawson. He needs to take his time and come back properly.
              Don't know how many years Dawson has left. He never struck me as a guy that was going to stay boxing for a long time. This is Dawson's chance to bounce back against someone that has a lot of momentum. It's not like he took huge punishment vs Stevenson.

the only thing is that I hope he didn't suffer like Roy Jones when he moved down to light heavyweight to fight Tarver than was never the same.

Comment

would like to see him KO Bellew for revenge of the **** tlaking but bellew would never tkae it

Comment

I'd like to see him against Shumenov.

Comment

Make the Stevenson fight after he starches Cloud, that fight isn't going to take long.

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
                      Chad Dawson should fight him. The Stevenson KO doesn't tell us too much as he was ko'd with one punch in the 1st round.

Dawson vs. Kovalev would be great test for both.
                      Yeah lets put the supposed killing machine in with the guy who just got stopped twice in a row. I'm sure that would be great Idea for both fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X