Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets be brutally honest here, Andre Dirrell is Superior tp James Degale at boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets be brutally honest here, Andre Dirrell is Superior tp James Degale at boxing

A few things before we start, congrats to Degale. I had him winning by a round or so. And hard luck Dirrel, good performance despite the 2nd round major setback.

Right. Lets be honest. Andre Dirrell is far superior boxer than Degale. Degale won fair and square. But to me , it was like a sparring session that went wrong for dirrell. He was schooling Degale, got to ****y and got clocked by a great Left hand.

However despite his wobbles, and possibly two/three rounds to recover, Dirrell completely worked out Degale and made him miss. Dirrell did some fantastic work from rounds 6 onwards, and even rounds 11/12 i thought could have gone either way.

Blue print to beat degale is simple,stalk him down early whilst not over commting as he is fresh and although not elite power, can certainly crack. But up the anti from 6/7 rounds and he literally moves around the ring doing nothing. Ive always noticed this with Degale, He literally goes missing for large chunks of rounds.

If there was a rematch, i would make no hesitation and bet on Dirrell. He would be a 2-1 underdog and would make adjusments and beat degale on points.

Degale, fantastic chin mind

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
      A few things before we start, congrats to Degale. I had him winning by a round or so. And hard luck Dirrel, good performance despite the 2nd round major setback.

Right. Lets be honest. Andre Dirrell is far superior boxer than Degale. Degale won fair and square. But to me , it was like a sparring session that went wrong for dirrell. He was schooling Degale, got to ****y and got clocked by a great Left hand.

However despite his wobbles, and possibly two/three rounds to recover, Dirrell completely worked out Degale and made him miss. Dirrell did some fantastic work from rounds 6 onwards, and even rounds 11/12 i thought could have gone either way.

Blue print to beat degale is simple,stalk him down early whilst not over commting as he is fresh and although not elite power, can certainly crack. But up the anti from 6/7 rounds and he literally moves around the ring doing nothing. Ive always noticed this with Degale, He literally goes missing for large chunks of rounds.

If there was a rematch, i would make no hesitation and bet on Dirrell. He would be a 2-1 underdog and would make adjusments and beat degale on points.

I have to admit I was impressed with Dirrell last night.

He took that knockdown and worked his way into a winning position.

He just could close the show in the 11 and 12th rounds.

Taking nothing away from Degale - he deserved the win, but it was a very close fight.

Comment

OP are you slightly upset that many felt Dirrell beat Froch in Nottingham while DeGale went over and beat Dirrell on US soil?

Comment

He was superior at jabbing air and throwing combinations at DeGale's gloves, I'll give him that.

Whenever they exchanged or got close, DeGale would almost always get the better of him.

Comment

Dirrell did show heart to come back and make the fight close. But he gave up the two championship rounds which cost him the fight. Being down on the canvass and on the cards happens. It was his job to come back and if not get a knockdown of his own at the very least win every round after that.
            He didn't .
            Just like his brother the Dirrell brothers always do just enough to lose.

Comment

Lol u obviously dont know ***** about boxing

Comment

I don't see it, with the flaws Dirrell has, he isn't superior.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  OP are you slightly upset that many felt Dirrell beat Froch in Nottingham while DeGale went over and beat Dirrell on US soil?
                  1)Many felt Froch beat Dirrell, including the press row, and basically ALL top pundits. I scored it 4 rounds to Froch and i was there live.

2)I admitted Dirrell lost and Degale won, if i was worried surely i would claim robbery etc. i didnt.

3) Dirrell has had Neurological problems, and been very inactive, hes not the same fighter that fought froch...

Said that, he had a bad 2nd round, made a costly mistake, but before that he was tagging Degale hard.

Rounds 6-10 were all Dirrell, rounds 11/12 were close due to Degale actually upping his workrate. But Dirrell on a rematch wins.

Comment

Said that, he had a bad 2nd round, made a costly mistake, but before that he was tagging Degale hard.
                    Most gave DeGale the 1st round though, so I don't agree with the narrative that Dirrell was schooling him as you put it.

Rounds 6-10 were all Dirrell, rounds 11/12 were close due to Degale actually upping his workrate. But Dirrell on a rematch wins.
                    I gave DeGale round 6, 11 was close, but DeGale won 12.

In a fight with Froch (which this is clearly all about) I would pick Froch, but DeGale has dropped and hurt his last 3 opponents early, I wouldn't be that shocked to see Froch go the same way.

I don't think Dirrell wins a rematch with either fighter. Froch would get a smaller ring and DeGale wouldn't take so many rounds off.

Comment

Working...
                    X