No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Thurman Batters Soto Karass, Santa Cruz Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Thurman Batters Soto Karass, Santa Cruz Wins

Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas - Two fighters with incredible will and determination met in a thrilling co-feature. Twenty-five year old Keith "One Time" Thurman made an emphatic statement with a brutal knockout of rugged, tested Mexican veteran Jesus "El Renuente" Soto Karass.

Soto Karass opened the scoring in the first seconds of the bout when he stunned Thurman with a big right hand. But Thurman kept his feet, barely, and nearly floored Soto Karass to end the first round. [Click Here To Read More]

if broner does'nt have a immediate rematch clause then it should be maidana vs thurman. easy work for thurman.

Comment

Both Thurman and Santa Cruz impressed me. Two really good fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
        if broner does'nt have a immediate rematch clause then it should be maidana vs thurman. easy work for thurman.
        Considering Maidana would easily be the best opponent he has faced,and hits a lot harder than Karass(who rocked him),as well as having more experience against elite level opposition.I would say that this is more along the lines of a 50/50 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
          Considering Maidana would easily be the best opponent he has faced,and hits a lot harder than Karass(who rocked him),as well as having more experience against elite level opposition.I would say that this is more along the lines of a 50/50 fight.
          maidana leaves himself wide open.

Comment

Keith Thurman is going to be the motherfacking mann in a couple of more fights.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
              maidana leaves himself wide open.
              So does Thurman. Thurman can become a really excellent fighter, but not before he tightens up that defense. He would have a significant foot and hand speed advantage over Maidana, but considering Thurman's defensive holes, I think Thurman v Maidana is a pick 'em fight.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
                On top of that Maidana is a better overall fighter than SK. He has improved tremendously over that last few fights and has developed a jab. Not saying that he would beat Thurman but to say he will just go in there and get blasted is freaking dumb. He will be in the fight the whole fight just like he is in every fight. Also, for the idiots who though SK would win go learn boxing, dude is a journeyman at best. GTFO

Comment

I'm not sure Thurman is going to stay unbeaten for too long as he does have some glaring weaknesses, but my god he's good to watch. He reminds me of Nigel Benn a bit, always intense, always comes trying to knock his opponents block off and is willing to take a shot to get his own off.

I'm fast becoming a big fan of this guy.

Comment

Working...
                  X