No announcement yet.

I have to say it..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to say it..

Matthysse vs Molina IS the FOTY 2014 no question. And you have to admit it really did bring back the memories of Corrales vs Castillo

Maybe were on to some thing:
    Matthysse vs Molina = M&M
    Corrals vs Castillo = C&C

your not the only one saying it. The fight was amazing entertainment wise. Just one those fights where it seemed both fighters left piece their soul out there trying to win

Comment

I going to re-watch it now Sho is airing it right now in a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSci View Post
        Matthysse vs Molina IS the FOTY 2014 no question. And you have to admit it really did bring back the memories of Corrales vs Castillo

Maybe were on to some thing:
        Matthysse vs Molina = M&M
        Corrals vs Castillo = C&C
        I second that thought. So far, it's first on my list. That was sick. Molina is no joke and has sick power at Jww/Ww.

Comment

There was something strange about his face, it almost look pale white while his body was tanned, almost vampire like lol.

My favorite part was when Goosen wanted to fight the Doctor

Goosen - Get your hands off of me
          Doctor - Shut up
          Goosen - Who you tellin to shut up

Comment

Joe Goosen being Molina's trainer got me thinking of Castillo-Corrales too, though this was not on that level (nothing is, IMO).

It reminded me more of Bradley-Provodnikov - a fight where you are expecting a decent, but unspectacular, outing/test for the favourite. And suddenly, the fighters, and you, are in the middle of something tremendously exciting and moving. A lot of times you are prepared for a great fight, you know when one is going to be one - but this was one of those times you are not, and you have to almost adjust to it being one.

Molina's punching power was game changing, he was actually the puncher in the fight. The sense of danger his power brought was palpable. Lucas adjusted well and showed incredible will to keep going, knowing that he had to force the action being that he had conceded two 10-8 rounds. It felt like a fighter knowing his career was on the line, so the stakes felt extremely high. Lucas had to get this guy out of there/win the rounds - but also be conscious of Molina's power.

Just an awesome fight all-round. Much love to both guys, hopefully it hasn't damaged them badly (which, unfortunately, these kind of fights tend to do).

Comment

Comparing it to Corrales/Castillo is too far, but it was a fun, fun fight to watch.

Comment

Working...
              X