Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone here good at budgeting/saving money?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same here, dont know where it goes

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
      The meat is fresh and not frozen but does not have a lot of shelf life in it so I freeze it.
      duh! when you thaw it out to eat it it's previously frozen genius

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        [IMG]http://cdn.*****************/instances/400x/33119306.jpg[/IMG]
        Wow who would of guessed you of all people would post a sarcastic meme for the 1000th time. Nice life.......

Comment

Save your money in Gold and vote for those who want to cut or abolish taxes and shrink govt. That way you actually get to keep more of your money and the inflation doesn't kill the purchasing power of your 20 or 100 dolla bill at the pump or grocery store.
          Last edited by One_Tycoon; 02-10-2013, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
            Wow who would of guessed you of all people would post a sarcastic meme for the 1000th time. Nice life.......
            Because i post a lot of sarcastic memes

Comment

yes. i live a monastic existence.

spend your money wisely and save WHATEVER YOU CAN

if you've got a steady job you should try and put together a down payment for an entry level home as soon as you can. it is the most basic form of investment.

i don't know a damn thing about limey finances, though. they may be different from ours.
              Last edited by New England; 02-10-2013, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                lol that gallon is like fort knox, its covered in layers and layers of ducktape and newspaper (dont ask me) with only one tiny slit that you have to hella force the money in, cant even see how much is in there but its heavy/

that is one of the dumbest things i've ever heard of.

the more money your friend has, the dumber he is.

Comment

I'm actually good with my money, saving is like second nature to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    Money is my biggest weakness, im bloody terrible with it.

I get paid a decent amount, my rent is cheap, I should be able to save almost half my wages realistically, but yet i'm starting to get into an unpleasant amount of debt. I just don't know where the money goes.
                    well the first step to managing your money is to keep track of it! Starting now, keep every receipt! Categorize them, (food, party, bills, etc). Then once you can see what you're spending on paper and where it's going, you'll be able to see where you need to cut back.

Try this:

Calculate salary bi-weekly (or whatever your pay schedule is)
                    Calculate all your bills (every single one of them, including gas)

Subtract your bills from your salary, that's what you should have left over every month! Add a percentage of this (a good size at least 50%) to a savings account, and budget yourself to make it to the next pay period with the money you have.

Most bills are due monthly and most people get paid bi-weekly. The easiest way to manage this is to send in half your payments every bi-weekly check.

Biggest thing to all this is discipline! Go grocery shopping and don't spend 1 penny on eating out. Unless your friends are going to pay for your night out, tell them you're trying to save some money and are not going out for a few weekends.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      Money is my biggest weakness, im bloody terrible with it.

I get paid a decent amount, my rent is cheap, I should be able to save almost half my wages realistically, but yet i'm starting to get into an unpleasant amount of debt. I just don't know where the money goes.
                      Here are some tips that kept me from going broke:
                      Never buy something the first time you see it (do your research and ask yourself can I live or function without this at the moment?)
                      Leave your wallet at home or in the car and only bring what you are willing to spend with you
                      Make making deposits a habit and no matter what always make sure that you are saving atleast 50% of each paycheck

Comment

Working...
                      X