Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your favorite fighter in history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your favorite fighter in history?

Mine is Duran because of his style and charisma. I would like to get to know more about sam langford because I am claiming him as a Canadain.
    Who is your favorites and why?

Marvelous Marvin Hagler

Comment

Joe Frazier, Joe Louis or Marquez.

Not sure.

Comment

Mayweather,Carbajal

Comment

Mr. Harry Greb is by far my favorite fighter in history. I only wish there was tape of his actual fights...but reading about him, is like reading about a superhero! A middleweight, who was able to not only beat, but beat up true heavyweights, fought most of his career with one eye, the only fighter to beat Gene Tunney, made Jack Dempsey run scared after some spirited sparring matches, at a time where fighting a Black fighter was taboo, Greb didnt care he fought everyone and anyone, and countless other amazing Stories!

Gene Tunney is also another one of my favorites, and like OP, Roberto Duran!!! His ability to get in the heads of his opponents and pretty much win the fight before they even stepped into the ring (prime example, Leonard vs Duran I), his pure hatred for his opponents only to find out that he is a sweet sweet caring man! His underrated defense! his power, his style...Duran is a great!

Comment

The five I have listed.

Comment

Duran and Pacquiao, share the top spot.

Followed by Toney, Hopkins, Barrera, Marquez, Hatton, De la Hoya, Hagler, and Cotto.

I'm a new fan so my list is mostly of recent fighters.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Nagabilly View Post
                  Duran and Pacquiao, share the top spot.

Followed by Toney, Hopkins, Barrera, Marquez, Hatton, De la Hoya, Hagler, and Cotto.

I'm a new fan so my list is mostly of recent fighters.
                  Thats a pretty solid list for a new fan... The real excitement is in the history books! There arent many fighters today that could compete with some of the greats of the past!

Comment

When pushed I'd have to admit Ali just pips Robinson as my favorite fighter.

Strangely, my favorites that follow on from these two might be a little surprising............Mike Tyson, Larry Holmes, Naseem Hamed, Ray Leonard, Jersey Joe Walcott, Roy Jones Jnr, Chris Eubank.

In the last few decades there was nothing like the excitement of a Tyson or Hamed fight.....for all the criticism (some justified!) they get.

Comment

Working...
                    X