Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

****ing Republicans are getting on my nerves...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
    If they fail the psych eval should they be entitled to government assistance?
    Had I left that out, would you have bothered to read the rest of it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
      Had I left that out, would you have bothered to read the rest of it?
      I read all of every post. I got nothing better to do.

Comment

I read all of every post. I got nothing better to do.
        Fair enough, then no, I would not cut government assistance to those that failed the psych exam. Though I favor policies that create a more vibrant economy where such a person could find a vocation which provided some degree of personal satisfaction, that paid more than they're currently getting.

Comment

Fair enough, then no, I would not cut government assistance to those that failed the psych exam. Though I favor policies that create a more vibrant economy where such a person could find a vocation which provided some degree of personal satisfaction, that paid more than they're currently getting.
          Thats where it gets sticky for me. Assuming the same reasons they failed the psych eval. would make it difficult for them to get a job, the government has taken away every means for this man to eat. If we take away a jobless mans right to hunt, it would only be right to provide him some form of assistance. The alternative is saying its every man for himself and let the strong survive. Im ok with that but you cant say its every man for himself while limiting a mans chance at survival.

Comment

Thats where it gets sticky for me. Assuming the same reasons they failed the psych eval. would make it difficult for them to get a job, the government has taken away every means for this man to eat. If we take away a jobless mans right to hunt, it would only be right to provide him some form of assistance. The alternative is saying its every man for himself and let the strong survive. Im ok with that but you cant say its every man for himself while limiting a mans chance at survival.
            The only people I see calling for the complete removal of all government assistance are anti-government wackjobs. But we are at a point where we can't possibly raise the revenue to fund a $3,700,000,000,000.00 annual budget for our Federal Government without crippling our still faltering economy. Much of that number is fraud, waste, abuse and incompetence. So let's start there. Problem being you can't cut even 2% of anything (despite huge increases the last two years) without cries of "EXTREME!" and "MURDERER!" Hell the president was willing to let our troops and their families go hungry over gov funding of Planned Parenthood, who made 164 million bucks last year sucking out baby parts and over a billion bucks total.

Comment

The only people I see calling for the complete removal of all government assistance are anti-government wackjobs. But we are at a point where we can't possibly raise the revenue to fund a $3,700,000,000,000.00 annual budget for our Federal Government without crippling our still faltering economy. Much of that number is fraud, waste, abuse and incompetence. So let's start there. Problem being you can't cut even 2% of anything (despite huge increases the last two years) without cries of "EXTREME!" and "MURDERER!" Hell the president was willing to let our troops and their families go hungry over gov funding of Planned Parenthood, who made 164 million bucks last year sucking out baby parts and over a billion bucks total.
              Obama seems lost most of the time to me. When the heat gets turned up Obama folds, Barrack Judah. I support the military fully, but I cant comprehend why we need to be all over the globe. Its not that assistance programs dont need to be more efficient, but why start there? We could easily cut that money from military spending and still be spending 5x as much as any other country. With a moderate sized army stationed in America, a large group of reserves and the technology we already possess, who is going to attack America that is of concern? Its just amusing to me that the fix for the budget is to get the money from the people without any, its like asking a homeless man if you can borrow a dollar.

Comment

Hell the president was willing to let our troops and their families go hungry over gov funding of Planned Parenthood, who made 164 million bucks last year sucking out baby parts and over a billion bucks total.
                no one went hungry........... yet
                but both dem's & reb's were stubborn on the Planned Parenthood.
                is it better those poor women have unwanted thus unloved children ?
                then they grow up etc..
                just stupid

Comment

• United States federal budget
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...federal_budget

3,456 billion

5% across the board cut would save 172 billion most of us have had to do that at least the past few years.
                  the REPs promised 100 billion before the November elections
                  now <40 and that will get lost somewhere what a joke

Comment

Obama seems lost most of the time to me. When the heat gets turned up Obama folds, Barrack Judah. I support the military fully, but I cant comprehend why we need to be all over the globe. Its not that assistance programs dont need to be more efficient, but why start there? We could easily cut that money from military spending and still be spending 5x as much as any other country. With a moderate sized army stationed in America, a large group of reserves and the technology we already possess, who is going to attack America that is of concern? Its just amusing to me that the fix for the budget is to get the money from the people without any, its like asking a homeless man if you can borrow a dollar.
                    I certainly wish Obama was as good at governing the country as he is at giving speeches, campaigning, playing golf, vacationing, pandering to unions, etc. We could do away with our military entirely (rather risky, considering the world hates us) and we'd still be less than half way toward eliminating our annual deficit (698 billion vs 1.7 trillion.)

No one wants to get money from people without any. Hell the bottom half of tax filers pay only 3% of all income taxes. And tax filers make up half of the population, meaning 25% of this country is paying 97% of all income taxes. More than 40% of tax filers don't pay anything and many actually get more than they paid in. What some are asking, is while the economy is in such poor condition, is perhaps do with just a little bit less help from a gov on the verge of bankruptcy.

But before they cut one dime in entitlements, funding to NPR, Planned Parenthood and the Department of Energy (which has been a black hole since Carter created it to wean us off of foreign oil,) need to go first, among others.

Comment

Working...
                    X