Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious question!! Why is EPO, PED, steriods considered bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
    Because of side-effects such as depression and getting a big head like Pacquiao.
    U left out road rage.

Comment

Originally posted by SyrianUser View Post
      The use of performance-enhancing drugs in sport is commonly referred to by the term "doping", particularly by those organizations that regulate competitions. The use of performance enhancing drugs is mostly done to improve athletic performance. This is why many sports ban the use of performance enhancing drugs. Another similar use of medical technology is called blood doping, either by blood transfusion or use of the hormone erythropoietin (EPO). The use of drugs to enhance performance is considered unethical by most international sports organizations and especially the International Olympic Committee, although ethicists have argued that it is little different from the use of new materials in the construction of suits and sporting equipment, which similarly aid performance and can give competitors an unfair advantage over others. The reasons for the ban are mainly the alleged health threat of performance-enhancing drugs, the equality of opportunity for athletes, and the exemplary effect of "clean" ("doping-free") sports for the public.
      This entry concerns the use of performance-enhancing drugs by humans. The use of such drugs is also common in horse racing and other equestrian sports, and in greyhound racing.

WHAT A STUPID QUESTION , I JUST CANT BELIEVE IT .
      See... like I said
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_...drugs_in_sport
      Just copy and paste... know absolutely anything about the subject at hand and just go copying and pasting anything on the web, claiming they know what they're talking about.

Comment

just legalize all drugs,who cares,**** drug testing

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
          LEts keep in mind that this has nothing to do with Manny.

I also know pretty much about these subjects as anyone else you find on the street. Which is not much.

So lets start off.

I thought in human advances and technologies we create these drugs for better living?

So if EPO and PEDs make us better specimens make people stronger, faster, healthier, why is it considered bad? Why is it Illegal? Why is it being banned?

Some will say it gives an unfair advantage? But if its legal and everyone is doing it, then doesnt that even out the playing field?
          It is illegal because users who do not know what there doing end up with the bad out weighing the good. Anabolic steroids are all human horomones and when not used correctly will **** you up

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
            That much i have assumed.

LarryX probably posted that gif without even reading the post.

He probably doesnt even know why he is against it.

Back on topic, why is something that is good for your health bad? Yes if one guy can punch harder, the other guy can absorb it better.

Now in the context of everyday living, being healthier how can this be bad?
            I am no expert but the way I look at it is there is a danger in one person having an unnatural advantage. For example if we fight fight and I'm on something and your not it could prove to be very dangerous. We both have power and speed and over the course of lets say 9 rounds you naturally start to tire a bit due to taking punches and working hard. Now even though I have taken punches and worked just as hard I'm still fresh as round one due to me being on something. That puts you in a great deal of danger because nature has taken its course on you and made you vulnerable. You can be seriously hurt now. Some people would say well then let everybody dope then, but to me all that would do is shorten careers. This is just one aspect of it. Its also just my opinion on how this stuff can get someone hurt as far the endurance aspect not even factoring in other physical advantages one could gain. Once again I must clarify I'm no expert on the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by M.I Truth ? View Post
              I am no expert but the way I look at it is there is a danger in one person having an unnatural advantage. For example if we fight fight and I'm on something and your not it could prove to be very dangerous. We both have power and speed and over the course of lets say 9 rounds you naturally start to tire a bit due to taking punches and working hard. Now even though I have taken punches and worked just as hard I'm still fresh as round one due to me being on something. That puts you in a great deal of danger because nature has taken its course on you and made you vulnerable. You can be seriously hurt now. Some people would say well then let everybody dope then, but to me all that would do is shorten careers. This is just one aspect of it. Its also just my opinion on how this stuff can get someone hurt as far the endurance aspect not even factoring in other physical advantages one could gain. Once again I must clarify I'm no expert on the subject.
              I agree but at the same time if its legalized, they these drugs can be administers correctly instead of backway alleys. Also high quality drugs will have less side effects.

Comment

Originally posted by M.I Truth ? View Post
                we dont take kindly to common sense around these parts

Comment

Originally posted by SyrianUser View Post
                  The use of performance enhancing drugs is mostly done to improve athletic performance.
                  And, this is why it should be legalized.

Comment

Im not saying these drugs are perfect, but the idea is that they are suppose to help you, not just athletes.

Comment

The dont even know if SyrianUser even read what he copy and pasted.

Comment

Working...
                      X