No announcement yet.

Tyson vs. THE GREATS Pt. II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tommyhearns804
    Tyson was in his physical prime when he fought Douglas Muchmoore.If he trained hard or not isnt a excuse.He still lost.
    Bruno was afraid of Tyson.He had Tyson out on his feet with one uppercut in their first fight but didn't jump on Tyson to finish the job.Ruddock was a glas chin bum.Morrison and Lewis beat him with ease.
    But that has nothing to do with Marciano beating Tyson.Douglas could and would knock out Maricano as well.Muchmoore you said Tyson would beat Marciano in 8 rounds?Muchmoore if a blown up 45 year old middleweight could knock down Marciano with one punch in the first round of their fight then a prime Tyson would finish him one.
    But anyway it is good to see you will still make post on this forum.
    Ruddock is a glass chinned bum? Thats one of the worst posts ive seen from you Hearns, and thats saying a lot.

Tyson was not in his physical prime when he fought Douglas. He didnt train hard for the fight, AND was on anti depressents. Im sure you would say the Tyson that fought Spinks would lose to Douglas too.

Comment

Yeah and Douglas was in his physical prime right?But he was 7 years older than Tyson.And wait i forgot Ruddock was a all time great becaues he fought "******" Mike Tyson right?Ruddock was nothing at all.Only Tyson fans like you will mention him at all.Maybe you should stick to the ******** boxing forum you seem to be as stupid as they are.
      Spinks and Douglas are 2 different fighter you jackass.Douglas is a 6'4 230 pound heavyweight and Spink is a 175 pound cruiserweighht.So Tyson beating a light heavyweight means exactly what?You are a complete idiot child i try to help you with your boxing knowledge but evidently it isn't getting through.
      If your best win in your career comes against a light heavyweight champion then that says alot about your career.I don't care when Tyson fought Douglas he would always loose if Douglas came to fight.Tyson would always lose to Holyfield and Lewis.Nobody is past their physical prime at 23 your stupid little child.If he didnt train hard who fault is that?He was still in his physical prime.How said he was on anything before the fight?Nobody but people who make excuses for the reason he lost.If Tyson would of knocked Douglas out in one round would you still say he was past his prime?Hell no.If Tyson would of went undefeated his whole career would you of said Tyson was past his prime when he fought Holyfield of Lewis?Hell no you would just be talking about how he never lost.
      But since he fought fighters better than him and they made a fool of him and knocked him out then all of the sudden he is past his prime so that is why he was knocked out by Douglas but yet again Foreman could fight better fighters up until he was 48 and never been knock down and out like Tyson was.I guess Tysons prime ended before every other fighter in boxing history right?Tyson is the only boxer who would never lose fight especially if Cus didnt die and Rooney stayed his trainer?
      Tyson fought nobody but bums when Cus was alive and after Cus died guess what?Tyson still fought bums for the most part.As i said before no other heavyweight champion in the modern era was knocked out 5 times like Tyson was.Even though most of them fought better guys than Tyson did and fought until they were old just like Tyson did.But wait since you are in love with Mike Tyson you will always have some excuse for this loser huh?Greatest of all time?Hell no.Top 10 of all time?If there were only 10 heavyweight boxers who ever lived he still would not be a top 10.

Comment

George Foreman was WAAAYYY past his prime when he fought Holyfield. Tyson was about 5 years and he got his ass handed to him. What does that tell you?

Ali was was nearly 10 years out of his prime when he entered the ring in Manilla. What does that tell you?

Hearns is right, you just say Tyson was out of his prime because he lost. Had he not lost to Douglas, you probably would have said he was in his prime then.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydog
          George Foreman was WAAAYYY past his prime when he fought Holyfield. Tyson was about 5 years and he got his ass handed to him. What does that tell you?

Ali was was nearly 10 years out of his prime when he entered the ring in Manilla. What does that tell you?

Hearns is right, you just say Tyson was out of his prime because he lost. Had he not lost to Douglas, you probably would have said he was in his prime then.
          I doubt that. Tyson didnt have the eye of the tiger he used to have, he didnt bob and weave like he did before, he didnt throw to the body like he did in his prime, and he didnt throw as many combinations as a prime one did.

Comment

sky dog ur a prick tyson would beat marceano and as for holmes well either way

Comment

Originally posted by Troy Fine
              oh my god you take a famous fight were one of these guys win change the charles with tyson and change the story just a slight bit im not trying to be mean and you might have good arguments but dude you a moron sorry that was uncalled for but you deserve it
              This is one of my favorite quotes. I can't understand a word of it, except that I can kind of tell he's accusing someone else of being a moron. Nice.

Cool post, with some good story telling. Whenever I look at a Rocky Marciano post I always think of the barbershop scene from Coming to America - everyone here owes it to themselves to watch that scene.

Anyway - I think it's safe to say that Tyson would probably be able to knock out Marciano. You can't compare the old time fighters with modern ones, when training and nutrition has come such a long way. Had Marciano been around with modern training methods - I'd go with Marciano. Marciano is clearly the greater champion. He never lost, had an incredible knockout percentage, never gave up and simply dominated all other great fighters of his era.

I don't understand all this love people have for Mike Tyson. Sure he was incredible in the late 80's with all of the one round KOs, but the man isn't even the best heavyweight of his generation - that title belongs to Lennox Lewis - who crushed Tyson, and who beat the other 2nd greatest heavyweight of the 90s, Evander Holyfield. Tyson had incredible talent, but didn't have the intangibles to make a great champ. Tyson ducked Lewis and Foreman while he was in his prime, choosing instead to fight safe opponents like Buster Douglas, and getting absolutely crushed. I mean, that fight was not even close - and Douglas was a journeyman at best. He also had tough times with other guys like James Smith - not exactly world beaters. Make all the excuses you want - Tyson was on anti depressants, Tyson didn't train, Tyson was having sex with 9 Japanese women the night before the fight - don't these facts show that he doesn't have the discipline, or mental state to be a great champion? I think these are arguments against Tyson's greatness, not in support of it.

Also - downplaying Archie Moore's talent so much is crazy. The man is a legend. Archie Moore was a blownup light heavyweight? Who cares - Marciano was 185 - it's not like he was a giant himself, who had an incredible size advantage over other people in the division.

My Top Heavies - Ali, Louis, Marciano, Lewis, Dempsey, Johnson, Jeffries, Holyfield, Frazier, Foreman, Liston

Comment

Archie Moore is a legend but he wasn't a blown up light heavyweight he was a blown up middleweight.He started his career as a middleweight 160 pounds or less and stayed at middleweight for 8 years.Archie Moore was knocked out in his prime by middleweights.Moore was knocked down over 30 times in his career.Marciano was a naturally 20 plus pounds bigger than Moore and yet it took him 9 rounds to knock out a fighter who was knocked out by middleweights in one round.So as i said it just shows how overrated everything about Marciano is even for a 180 pound fighter.
                If Marciano was alive today he would still be a light heavyweight or a small cruiserweight.The man had a small frame.He has short arms so you can't just say well if he was alive to day he would weigh 230 pounds.You could add pounds to Ali,Norton,Foreman or guys like that.Guys who are around 6'4 with 80 inch reaches.
                Marciano never lost and again what is your point?Would any of the little 180 or so pound guys Marciano fought beat Tyson?Hell no.Would Tyson quit against any of those guys?Why would he quit to a guy he would knock out with ease.Marciano has a high knock out percetage.And?Who many of those guys were 200 plus pound skilled heavyweights?0 that is how many.It is like me saying since O'Neil Bell knocked out some cruiserweights it must mean he could knock out guys like Tyson and Foreman and Lewis.
                But i do agree with you Prtynacan i dont see why people are still hooked on Tyson when he never proved anything in his career but he could knock out d level fighters.I wouldn't even say the man had much talent.Have you seen Jeremy Williams fight before?He crushes low level fighters just like Tyson does and gets knocked out by better ones.The only difference between them is Tyson came along right after Ali,Foreman,Norton, and Frazier retired.Holmes was boring and nobody cared about him.People were looking for the next big thing.Tyson was brash and bold and for some reason people always like that.Tyson beat up bums and the media built him up.Even fighters who were better than him started to believe the hype around him.That is why so many of the fighters he beat went down.
                The Tillis vs Tyson fight was the first fight were Tyson was fighting somebody who fought back and Tillis almost won.If he didnt get knocked down in the first round the fight would of been scored a draw.Tillis came out just like every Tyson opponent up into that point afraid because the media said he was this so called baddest man on the plannet.Tyson hit Tillis with a good punch and Tillis went down.The look on Tillis face was man is that the best he has.And for the rest of the fight Tillis was never really hurt.If Tillis had more power he would of knocked Tyson out.
                Tyson failed to knock out anybody who came to fight him and was a world class fighter.So his power is only good enough of the c or d level fighters.Tysons chin wasn't glass but he could never take a beating and come back and win.Once you hit Tyson everything he did stopped.He stopped his head movement,he basically just followed you around looking to be hit.
                Great fighters can get up after they have been hurt and win.Ali could.Foreman could,Frazier,Holyfield,Quarry,Lyle ect ect ect could.Tyson could not and that is another reason he isn't great.But Tyson could and would beat any fighter before Liston with out much trouble.No 190 or so pound man could just trade with Tyson.
                Tyson still crushes Marciano

Comment

Originally posted by prtynacan
                  This is one of my favorite quotes. I can't understand a word of it, except that I can kind of tell he's accusing someone else of being a moron. Nice.

Cool post, with some good story telling. Whenever I look at a Rocky Marciano post I always think of the barbershop scene from Coming to America - everyone here owes it to themselves to watch that scene.

Anyway - I think it's safe to say that Tyson would probably be able to knock out Marciano. You can't compare the old time fighters with modern ones, when training and nutrition has come such a long way. Had Marciano been around with modern training methods - I'd go with Marciano. Marciano is clearly the greater champion. He never lost, had an incredible knockout percentage, never gave up and simply dominated all other great fighters of his era.

I don't understand all this love people have for Mike Tyson. Sure he was incredible in the late 80's with all of the one round KOs, but the man isn't even the best heavyweight of his generation - that title belongs to Lennox Lewis - who crushed Tyson, and who beat the other 2nd greatest heavyweight of the 90s, Evander Holyfield. Tyson had incredible talent, but didn't have the intangibles to make a great champ. Tyson ducked Lewis and Foreman while he was in his prime, choosing instead to fight safe opponents like Buster Douglas, and getting absolutely crushed. I mean, that fight was not even close - and Douglas was a journeyman at best. He also had tough times with other guys like James Smith - not exactly world beaters. Make all the excuses you want - Tyson was on anti depressants, Tyson didn't train, Tyson was having sex with 9 Japanese women the night before the fight - don't these facts show that he doesn't have the discipline, or mental state to be a great champion? I think these are arguments against Tyson's greatness, not in support of it.

Also - downplaying Archie Moore's talent so much is crazy. The man is a legend. Archie Moore was a blownup light heavyweight? Who cares - Marciano was 185 - it's not like he was a giant himself, who had an incredible size advantage over other people in the division.

My Top Heavies - Ali, Louis, Marciano, Lewis, Dempsey, Johnson, Jeffries, Holyfield, Frazier, Foreman, Liston
                  you are crazy if you lose to hasim rahman you are not a great champion Lewis come on dont even go their losing to Vitali and dipping and ducking Chris byrd. Tyson ducked Lewis because Lewis would have been a great fight but not a worthy payday. Foreman was sneaking up in the rankings.

Comment

Sorry my friend up until Tillis you had me. Tillis one only 1 round and he was knd down. tyson totally dominated and he was lacking in his defense. Why is it that everyone wanted a piece of Tyson and Ali after thier repected exiles? Imagine Holyfield fightin Tyson at 21-0 Holyfield would be ko'd bad.

Comment

A prime Holmes got up from a right hand bomb from Earnie ****ing Shavers and some dillweed is going to say little mikey is going to knock a prime Holmes out. Get lost you ****ing *******. Watch a few complete fights and learn a little about the sport first. This little mikey **** is getting out of hand. He doesn't beat ANYONE on any reasonable all time top ten list. Probably doesn't beat anyone on a top twenty list.

Comment

Working...
                      X