No announcement yet.

Forget the rematch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget the rematch!

Canelo is moving onto bigger and better things!

Canelo vs Cotto will be the biggest fight of this year, Lara can go and run a marathon with Mo Farah instead.

If I was a huge Lara fan I'd be a little underwhelmed. He needed to make a good impression to claim his number one spot at 154 and never really seized the moment. When I look at both boxers I see two men heading in radically different directions in their careers. Lara's inactivity at times and abandonment of pace really hurt him.
    He was tagging Canelo with ripe 1-2's but never following up on them. Instead he'd opt out of keeping charge and slowly allow Canelo to crowd him and rip off powershots. With a performance like that, it's like Lara was settling for the decision to be a close one. Canelo on the other hand, looked determined, he was a man on a mission. He was there to prove to his people how bad he wanted it. At best it was a draw, which I suspect Lara would've been content with. That is not the caliber of fighter you look for to rule a weight class. If you're going to reward someone in a non-title fight like that, give it to the hungrier man who was pressing the action all night long and putting in work. It's like in any sport. You know, somehow, you have to meet the goal no matter whether your teammates are injured, on the bench or the opposing side is putting up roadblocks. It's up to you to get it there. I feel like Canelo put his heart on display and demonstrated the better overall product. The rematch doesn't pull me in, it would just be another horrible matchup between two abrasive styles, neither one taking absolute command because of the shoddy outboxing.
    Last edited by Hyper Knuckles; 07-13-2014, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
      Canelo is moving onto bigger and better things!

Canelo vs Cotto will be the biggest fight of this year, Lara can go and run a marathon with Mo Farah instead.
      Canelo did nothing to earn a Cotto fight. Golovkin will have that title before 2015. Golovkin will retire Cotto at MSG

Comment

Good post Canelo has bigger fish to fry than that hypejob.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
          Good post Canelo has bigger fish to fry than that hypejob.
          Yeah absolutely no point at all, Lara didn't want to fight and Canelo was beating him up with thudding body shots...

Cat and mouse type of game and Lara was time wasting ALOT of the time, boring, boring fighter!
          I feel bad for whoever paid to see this fight, Lara didn't deserve to be fighting Canelo in the first place but good for Canelo on shutting that big mouthed cry baby up

Comment

Cotto-Canelo is the logical fights.

Lara isn't getting a rematch he got his shot and blew it.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Cotto-Canelo is the logical fights.

Lara isn't getting a rematch he got his shot and blew it.
              Cotto vs Canelo will generate some big amount of $$$
              It will probably be as epic as Groves vs Froch with all the build up and interest in that fight.

Comment

Working...
              X