No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Hopes Pacquiao Regains Old Fire For Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Hopes Pacquiao Regains Old Fire For Marquez

When I spoke with Top Rank CEO Bob Arum last Wednesday, he advised me that the day prior he had witnessed the first sparring session from his star fighter Manny Pacquiao in his latest camp as he trains inside of the Wild Card Gym in Los Angeles. Pacquiao faces his fierce rival Juan Manuel Marquez for a fourth time on Dec. 8 inside of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

On Wednesday afternoon, I again caught up with Arum, this time inside of the nearby Top Rank Gym, at the media day for this weekend’s HBO’s double header featuring a junior middleweight clash between contenders Vanes Martirosyan and Erislandy Lara as well as a featherweight duel that will see unbeaten Mikey Garcia tangle with former champion Jonathan Victor Barros. [Click Here To Read More]

Even Bob agrees that Pac hasn't done **** since beating Cotto at a CW back in 2009.

Funny how people like to say Cotto is washed up yet will not even look into the fact that Pac won't even fight this so called "washed up" guy unless there is some kind of catch to it.

If Cotto was truly washed up, Pac would have accepted to fight him, just like he did Hoya (at 147), Clottey (at 147), Mosley (at 147).... Let alone a washed up Margarito at a catchweight for JMW title/gift.

Pac will look a fool vs JMM again and then Bob will say we want Mayweather while making a Pac vs Bradley II while prepping Rios for a WW fight vs Pac after the fact or vice-a-versa. Pac resigning with Bob (who has an agenda) convinced me we won't see the fight until his new contract is about to expire, meaning he retires so Bob cashes out.

btw, I'm sure Pac will look no different than he did in 2008 or 2011 when he fought JMM... Bob just trying to make some headlines as theres no buzz around this re-run that nobody wants. Just like the Clottey, Margartio, Mosley, JMM at WW, Bradley at WW fights.
    Last edited by WESS; 11-09-2012, 09:31 AM.

Comment

What is this old fire?because he has NEVER been able to dominate Marquez

Comment

All I know is, "We underestimated Marquez" can't be an excuse this time.

Comment

Um old form pac had trouble with marquez . Marquez is a stylistic nightmare for pac. Marquez can fight with no trainer just somebody giving him water in between rounds and he would still give pac hell.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            All I know is, "We underestimated Marquez" can't be an excuse this time.
            Leg cramps and politics? Then his eye will have problems again, we will then hear about the special Mayweather stadium that Bob needs to build.

Then like before, Bob will tell Mayweather's team to stop calling him (surprised they didn't get taken to court for harassing Bob to make the fight).

A **** ton of excuses will be lined up after this fight just as before. Which is why nobody is interested. This is just a damn re-run.

Meanwhile nobody will truthfully answer the last time Pac fought a legit WW (should I dare say without a catchweight?).

Comment

Even if Manny gets his old fire this fight is still going to last the full 12. Didn't Manny have that old fire in the first two fights? Then they tried to convince us that he had it for the third one but came up with excuses like the foot stomper when Marquez gave him hell again. What's it going to be this time?

Comment

Originally posted by eurochamp View Post
                What is this old fire?because he has NEVER been able to dominate Marquez
                Haha, this was my first thought too!

Outside of round 1, of fight 1, there has been no "old fire" or domination by Manny over JMM.

Comment

"I hope pac regains that old fire and KOs, or at least beats, Marquez. but, if he doesnt, who cares! I'll still get him in there with bradley and then rios, and decide whether I want to rob him again, or let him win and cash him out with one more fight, since he is basically done and I dont care about him anymore, but he has that name and I needz that money, so I'll keep pimpin out the number 1 puppet I have..."

-Bob Arum, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Arum
                    He hasn't seen Manny in this good in a number of fights
                    Well, I'm shocked! Team Pac has said this before every fight since the Margarito-fight, yet he has declined quite a bit since 2009. I doubt anyone is buying it anymore.

Not the first athlete/camp to claim that they're in the shape of their life, when they truly isn't though.

Comment

Working...
                    X