No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: The Margarito Rematch is Not Finalized Yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    Team Cotto really seem to not want this fight,I think they know what most know...And that's Marga's is all wrong for Cotto..
    Totally agree.. If Cotto really want to avenge his loss he should have called Margarito out for rematch even though he is the champion. He also have a bigger chance of avenging his defeat as Margarito has taken some serious punishments.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      somethings definitely holding it up. what that is, i dunno.
      Dunno but it's definitely something in Cotto's camp. Bob seems eager to make it and get it signed, Margacheato's camp has given the green light, but there's just something from Cotto's camp that's holding it up.

Comment

Originally posted by -KULT- View Post
        Totally agree.. If Cotto really want to avenge his loss he should have called Margarito out for rematch even though he is the champion. He also have a bigger chance of avenging his defeat as Margarito has taken some serious punishments.
        Yea but Marga's style is not only taxing on ya body but it's taxing on your mind..Cotto having folded in the face of that before will always have a mental weakness(imo)against that style and that fighter..I may be wrong,but I really don't see Cotto winning this fight and I think his handlers don't see it either...

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
          Dunno but it's definitely something in Cotto's camp. Bob seems eager to make it and get it signed, Margacheato's camp has given the green light, but there's just something from Cotto's camp that's holding it up.
          Team Cotto have always been this way. They've always attempted to quell any rumors, so this is the norm.

Either way, they are negotiating and I suspect dislike when Arum or TR go on record that everything is a done deal until it is.

And if this fight is in Vegas, I also suspect that Cotto will hold out for more cash as well

Comment

How is the fight not finalized yet but arum is getting offers from MSG on thursday to be the host of the fight??

Comment

The written contract must have something Cotto's camp donesn't like. Probably % of the PPV buys Cotto will get is lower than what they first agreed on.

Comment

Sounds like Miguel Cotto is gonna back out the fight.

Comment

Hasn't margacheato been denied a license to box in Nevada??? And as far I remember Texas was the only place willing to give him a license when he got his face smashed in (literally) by manny

Comment

No doubt in my mind that Cotto doesn't wan't this fight... there was another article months ago where cotto says that tje rematch was just a rumor becaise he wasnt't offered anything yet, now this? If I was Cotto I would want this fight badly regardless of the money... he's obviously scared... im sure margarito cheated, but still cotto is afraid of him

Comment

No disrespect to Cotto or his fans but I don't think he wants this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X