No announcement yet.

Hearns vs McCallum, Toney vs McClellan sparring footage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearns vs McCallum, Toney vs McClellan sparring footage

A couple of dream fights here that only took place in sparring contests.

Uploaded by Emmanuel Steward:

toney and mcclellan really go at it.

it's great stuff
    i got a chance to catch it this morning before i stepped out. very nice.

i caught a couple rounds of the other guys / the kids on the video. everybody could fight

Comment

Toney seemed to have McClellan well figured out by the end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
        Toney seemed to have McClellan well figured out by the end of it.

right hand over the top with a huge left hook coming after it

toney is a masterboxer. he looks classy as hell in this video.

did i mention the huge left hook from g man?

Comment

McClellan's offense was always very predictable. The trouble was that with his explosiveness, even being able to see it coming wasn't usually enough and once he hit an opponent with either punch, the right hand or the left hook, they were usually gone.

I have a feeling that he would have been in trouble against the likes of Toney and McCallum had he decided to face them at some point in his career. The man just couldn't match either for smarts. Size and power alone isn't going to do the job against opponents of such caliber.
          Last edited by TheGreatA; 08-27-2012, 04:02 PM.

Comment

what the hell is wrong with the people in the background? You do not just go about your business hitting a heavy bag when Hearns and McCallum are throwing punches at each other right in front of you.

Comment

Their fighters not FANS! Their doing their work, what should they do ask for an autograph or maybe give some advice? hahahaha honestly how green can you be? Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                Their fighters not FANS! Their doing their work, what should they do ask for an autograph or maybe give some advice? hahahaha honestly how green can you be? Ray.
                Alright tough guy.

Comment

McCallum and Hearns look like they could've put on a great fight. To me, it looks like it would be up to Hearns to keep it at range and the momentum could swing later on if McCallum could work inside.

Toney just looks better than G-Man. He looks like he'd dominate more than I would've expected.

Comment

What a f-cking find!

Comment

Working...
                    X