Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fighters actually fight in there real weight class?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fighters actually fight in there real weight class?

That either weigh the same or rehydrate no more than 5lbs above the weight class there fighting in on fight night?

So far i got Mayweather, Pacquiao, Marquez, Rigo

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    That either weigh the same or rehydrate no more than 5lbs above the weight class there fighting in on fight night?

That's about it. Most guys are cutting major weight to get a competitive advantage. 154 is a good example. Canelo, Angulo and Trout are huge. There's at least 5 guys in that division that can fight at 160.

Porter and Thurman are two other examples. They can (and have) compete at 154 but they have a size and strength advantage at 147 so that's where they campaign. Boxing is all about getting some sort of advantage.

Comment

Carl "the Cobra" Froch

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
      Porter and Thurman are two other examples. They can (and have) compete at 154 but they have a size and strength advantage at 147 so that's where they campaign. Boxing is all about getting some sort of advantage.
      The maximum Thurman has ever weighed in at was 151.5lbs.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 07-22-2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Mayweather walks around at 160+

That's about it. Most guys are cutting major weight to get a competitive advantage. 154 is a good example. Canelo, Angulo and Trout are huge. There's at least 5 guys in that division that can fight at 160.

Thurman isn't that big man, that's a myth. He makes 147 easily.

Porter on the other hand is probably the biggest welterweight in the top 10. He apparently walks around at 175+...

Comment

Bradley and Froch(?)

Comment

Hopkins walks around LHW definitely.

Every single heavyweight

Comment

Right now Mayweather, Pacquiao, Marquez, Rigo, Mares, Froch, Cotto, every single heavyweight

Comment

Why are people saying Floyd? Because he tells the media he doesn't have to cut weight? You people should know by now the guy is a compulsive liar. If you ask him what he had for breakfast he will lie. It comes naturally to him.

Look at him in the Maidana fight, he looked just as big as Maidana on fight night, yet Showtime had him weighing 148. Look at his abs at the weigh in for that fight and then look at them during the fight. He put on a considerable amount of weight.

The guy couldn't even make 144 against Marquez and he tries convincing people he's some tiny welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
                  Mayweather walks around at 160+

Thurman isn't that big man, that's a myth. He makes 147 easily.

Porter on the other hand is probably the biggest welterweight in the top 10. He apparently walks around at 175+...
                  Thurman most likely walks around in the 160s. He's only about 5'8 but he's has a solid build. Thurman's one of the few WW that I'm sure can compete at 154. I can't think of any other WW bigger than him besides Porter and Soto Karass maybe.

Comment

Thurman most likely walks around in the 160s. He's only about 5'8 but he's has a solid build. Thurman's one of the few WW that I'm sure can compete at 154. I can't think of any other WW bigger than him besides Porter and Soto Karass maybe.
                    He's 5'7.

160 is normal for a welterweight. The problem is a lot of the guys in the top 10 at welterweight have moved up from lower weight classes so they're smaller than Thurman, but Thurman is just your average sized welterweight.

Comment

Working...
                    X