Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Glazkov vs. Scott Early Fight Results From New York

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Lederman always scores for the aggressor, it doesn't matter if it was effective aggression or not...

Comment

Horrible decision! Glazkov won 2 rounds @ best, I gave him only the 5th round. Before anyway says Malik was running, he was boxing, moving side to side and giving angles, and when he chose to stand still he consistently beat Glazkov to the punch. Like Malik said, "it was Glazkov job to cut the ring off, and make Malik fight his fight. I'm getting sick off all these so called power punchers thinking someone should just stand still and let them punch them in the face. They need to learn boxing basics 101. Watch tapes of Julio Ceasar Chavez Sr., and you'll see how to effectively apply aggression, cut of the ring, and take minimum damage while doing so. Meldrick Taylor fight is a prim example! Honestly I don't think Glazkov is that big of a puncher anyways, I think his power was a product of the class of fighters he fought.
      Last edited by Nahshon Israel; 02-24-2013, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Scorecards were written 2 days ago

Comment

Julie Lederman is as worst a scoring judge as her father. I just watch a guy put on a boxing show only to be robbed by people that shouldn't be allowed to come close a boxing event. What fight were these people watching & were they even at the arena or sitti g at the bar drinking? Boxing is a brutal sport & like a cop lying on the stand against an innocent person, these judges are playing with people's lives. There should be a commission comprised of individuals unbeknownst to the boxing community & the promotion companies that oversees each fight. And when a decision such as this one happens they should be there to right a wrong
          along with suspending these judges from calling another fight. They should also have the power to file criminal charges against these judges since it's obvious someone's pockets were padded for two of these judges to have the scores they came up with. Very sad for Scott to get robbed & this is why boxing has been giving a bad name due to judges like the ones assigned to this fight.

Comment

97-93 Scott, I think Glazkov won rounds 4, 5, and 10.

Comment

Horrible, horrible decision - truly a disgrace. What freakin' fight were they watching?! Somebody call the cops, cuz Smith just got robbed.
              How about that Algieri fight?! Peralta is a terrific fighter and was great last night, never backing down, exchanging all night, but Algieri was a MACHINE!! I was counting 10 and 12 punch combos, all fluid and powerful, punches just relentlessly coming from everywhere! I'm glad Peralta was as good as he was, a lesser fighter would've been done early, but his guts, determination and ability really gave Algieri the chance to showcase his amazing talents and skills. Truly an outstanding fight. That boy is gonna be a star.

Comment

Scott got robbed. Other heavyweights will duck Scott

Comment

Wow!!

I saw this fight and couldn't believe that it was not a unanimous decision. Scott clearly outclassed Glazkov. What I was most shocked about was Lederman's card because her father claims that she us so good and the other fights that I've watched where she was judge, she's always done good. But her card wasn't worse as the person giving the fight to Glazkov. Scott needs to move on and fight better competition and work on his power.

Comment

another bs decision!!!

Comment

I scored it a draw.

BJ Flores commentary is always extremely biased in favor of his boxing buddies from Philadelphia like Scott, Cunningham and Chambers. He was very misleading to the viewers, for example he scored the 10th round for Scott. Glazkov clearly won that last round, outworking and outlanding Scott, who mostly just lay on the ropes.

I was relieved when I heard the scorecards, the judges (at least two of them) rose above American nationalism and were fair to Vyacheslav.

Comment

Working...
                      X