Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adamek-Cunningham answered one big question for me...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adamek-Cunningham answered one big question for me...

Haye would have absolutely torched Cunningham. We saw that Cunningham has some liabilities in his defense and his chin. That is bad for him, considering what kind of punch Haye packs at CW.

He showed a bit of power, but, I'm not sure if he would be able to land something big enough to stop Haye before Haye stopped him.

I wish Haye would have just bit down and made 200 one more time and became the second man in history to get all 4 and The Ring title to go along with it, and be in the great company of Bernard Hopkins. Hell, I'm not even a Haye fan and I'm saying this. I just think he is worthy of that honor at that weight division... he clearly is the best cruiserweight since The Real Deal.

Haye actually tried to make a fight happen with Cunningham before he was a title holder but nothing came of it. As soon as Haye wins the belts and says he's going up to HW, Cunningham puts in a sly call out.

Like you say, it's a shame Haye didn't get all four belts but Haye gets no credit for KOing Mormeck and Maccarinelli, so i doubt he'd get any for beating Cunningham?

Comment

That's what I thought during the fight too, Haye would have knocked Cunningham out within 6. Althought personally, I think Juan Carlos Gomez was better than him at cruiserweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
        That's what I thought during the fight too, Haye would have knocked Cunningham out within 6. Althought personally, I think Juan Carlos Gomez was better than him at cruiserweight.
        I've never seen JC Gomez at all to be honest.

How do you rank the CWs Silencers? Top 5 all time... GO!

My guess is your list looks something like this:

Holyfield
        De Leon
        Gomez
        Haye
        Qwawi

How right am I?

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
          I've never seen JC Gomez at all to be honest.

How do you rank the CWs Silencers? Top 5 all time... GO!

My guess is your list looks something like this:

Holyfield
          De Leon
          Gomez
          Haye
          Qwawi

How right am I?
          That's about right.

Gomez was a really good boxer/puncher at cruiserweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
            That's about right.

Gomez was a really good boxer/puncher at cruiserweight.

You know what's funny? I've literally seen one fight at cruiserweight involving those five... Haye vs. Maccarranelli. I haven't seen any Holyfield fights at CW, nor Gomez.

You think Gomez is going to do better business at HW than Haye?

Comment

I really want enzo mac - cunningham to be made and then a rematch with adamek.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post

You know what's funny? I've literally seen one fight at cruiserweight involving those five... Haye vs. Maccarranelli. I haven't seen any Holyfield fights at CW, nor Gomez.

You think Gomez is going to do better business at HW than Haye?
                You should really try and watch Holyfield's cruiserweight run, he was great there, his war with Qawi was the best fight in cruiserweight history IMO.

Gomez has been underachieving so far at heavyweight even though he's getting a shot at Vitali, he has accomplished more than Haye has so far though because he's been in the division for a few years now and has beaten some top 20 contenders. Haye definitely has the potential to make more of an impact IMO.

Comment

David Haye is better then Juan Carlos Gomez at Cruiserweight IMO.

Haye got it done within 22 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                    David Haye is better then Juan Carlos Gomez at Cruiserweight IMO.

Haye got it done within 22 fights.
                    Indeed, Haye was a tough mother****er at CW, some people don't realise this. They think he has a glass chin because he has been knocked down a few times. But everytime he's been knocked down/hurt he's come back stronger to win the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X