No announcement yet.

What is so bad about Pac vs Algieri?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
    Did I miss something or is it all of the sudden fine for a supposed p4p star to fight yet another non ranked fighter at Welterweight. The double standards on this site amaze me. Garcia vs Salsa gets **** on but Pac vs Algieri is such a great fight lol! Imagine even Amir Khan vs Algieri... everyone would **** on it. Algieri poses a style problem I can see that but he barely beat Ruslan and isn't a legit ppv worthy opponent or welterweight. I can only imagine the **** boxingscene would've said if it were Mayweather vs Algieri. GGG should never be clowned for feasting on 154lbers by any of you that see this fight as legit.
    See Natas I was correct another Flowmo complaining lol

Stop complaining remember Pac is not on Floyds level, defend Floyds fights without having to deflect to Pacquiao, thats all you guys do try to slander another man and finger point and hate on him in defense of Floyd.

If you can;t defend your fighter without finger pointing witht he Why do he get a pass crap you lost.

Everyone is giving there reasons why this is not a mismatch and interesting without even pointing to Floyd to defend it.
    Last edited by hectari; 07-22-2014, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Its not PPV worthy, (unless they stack the hell outta the undercard). I will stream this fight, (first I will ever for a Pacquiao fight).

Comment

"Fight an undefeated fighter in his prime coming off a big win" they said. So he is, and they're crying.

Comment

what about keith thurman? and khan wants the fight as well......don't talk to me promotional/network issues because floyd doesn't get to have that excuse so pac shouldn't have it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
            the scariest thing about this fight is that it wouldn't shock me if algieri pulled it off. it's a difficult style.
            That's what a lot of people are saying; this style doesn't seem easy for Pacquaio to deal with...which should be the reason why people should watch it instead of complaining about it.
            Last edited by Mr. Punch-Out!!; 07-22-2014, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
              Its a good fight, its basically like Mayweather fighting Maidana but the opposite.

Maidana and Algeri are both C+/B- fighters, just one is a power puncher and the other is a pure boxer.

Both got their big fight destroying a media hype that the casuals brought into, Maidana Bullied broner and Algeri boxed Ruslan.

Pacquaio is that Bull that going to try and pierce the Matador (algeri)
              Mayweather is the Matador that will try and evade and tame the Bull (maidana)

Are these fights the best possible fight that can be made no but they also aint the worse.
              For once. I actually liked something you said.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                He's an ESPN fighter who has faced one main guy who just happens to also be an ESPN fighter and now he gets a PPV slot. I have seen this guy fight once....ONCE! And it wasn't all to impressive. He needs maybe 2 more big fights and then ok.

He's seems like a good guy, he's educated, which is huge in my world, and I wish him the best but he doesn't belong in that ring with Pac.

Don't mean to bring Floyd up but the comparison for me this is like Salko beating Garcia and facing Floyd in May.

But hopefully the kid can show
                I like the way you worded that. Makes sende

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  See Natas I was correct another Flowmo complaining lol

Stop complaining remember Pac is not on Floyds level, defend Floyds fights without having to deflect to Pacquiao, thats all you guys do try to slander another man and finger point and hate on him in defense of Floyd.

If you can;t defend your fighter without finger pointing witht he Why do he get a pass crap you lost.

Everyone is giving there reasons why this is not a mismatch and interesting without even pointing to Floyd to defend it.
                  Typical racist pos Hectari at it again... I mention Amir Khan, Danny Garcia, Ron Salsa, and GGG yet he only sees his secret crush/idol Floyd Mayweather being mentioned. Hectari one day you'll come out the closet and get with a black man... everyone can tell you admire them

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
                    what about keith thurman? and khan wants the fight as well......don't talk to me promotional/network issues because floyd doesn't get to have that excuse so pac shouldn't have it either.
                    Unbiased people will understand the same network problems apply for Floyd as well.

Like I said about Amir Khan, he's with Al Haymon and no one has explained yet if he has a contract with Golden Boy or not. Bob Arum and Roach seemed like Khan was the fight they wanted so I'm guessing he doesn't have a contract with GB or else That's what they would have went with.

There is still a lot of confusion with certain Al Haymon/Golden Boy fighters, i.e who has contracts and who doesn't. It will probably take a bit of time for certain things to sort out with GB.

Comment

Only because algieri's resume doesn't justify a fight with pac and because of this the fight isn't PPV truly worthy.

But without this money and politic discussion. Pac vs. Algieri is a good match, algieri can beat pac stylistically and his enormous physical advantage can play vital role on fight night make no mistake about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X