Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many losses does Floyd Mayweather Jr have against SRL'S WW resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Hearns and Duran beat him.

Perhaps a trilogy with Duran.

Benitez is a close fight I see Mayweather winning.

He beats the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
      What WW has Floyd ever "destroyed"???
      Fine I will refraise. He would beat Leonard easy. Heres why I think he will. Leonard was a text book boxer puncher. He didnt have one punch power, but more like knockdown power. He was a stick and move type fighter. He took most of his opponents into deep waters and drowned them. Hes basically a right handed version of Sergio Martinez, with a better offensive arsenal. Not knocking him for that. He was great.

But his defense was poor. He couldnt slip the jab which led to his eye problems. He often swelled up in fights. The dude retired at 25 in the prime of his carreer because he couldnt see those punches coming. Hes not a stand in front of you and slip punches type fighter like Floyd. Hes a move on his toes only engages on his own terms type fighter. Floyds too versatile, too accurate of puncher, and too sharp defensively for Leonard in my opinion.

Comment

Hearns is the only one I pick without blinking. I'm close to not blinking on the Duran who fought Leonard the first time. His relentless attack, speed, and punching accuracy would have been hell on Floyd and Floyd doesn't punch back with near the volume a young Ray did. I think Floyd might have had to see him twice if he could have done it at all. Duran from DeJesus III through Leonard I was at the best he'd ever be. I think Floyd's absolute peak was physically at 140. Interesting clash.

No clue on Benitez but it would have been fun to watch them make each other miss. Floyd's never seen someone with the sort of head movement Radar had and Benitez would have been much younger and fresher in any Welter match.
        Last edited by crold1; 12-21-2012, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          Hearns is the only one I pick without blinking. I'm close to not blinking on the Duran who fought Leonard the first time. His relentless attack, speed, and punching accuracy would have been hell on Floyd and Floyd doesn't punch back with near the volume a young Ray did. I think Floyd might have had to see him twice if he could have done it at all. Duran from DeJesus III through Leonard I was at the best he'd ever be. I think Floyd's absolute peak was physically at 140. Interesting clash.

No clue on Benitez but it would have been fun to watch them make each other miss. Floyd's never seen someone with the sort of head movement Radar had and Benitez would have been much younger and fresher in any Welter match.
          what would have been fun is watching floyd duck and dodge all 4 of those guys. if the cotto-margarito era was too hot to handle for him can you imagine how long his retirement would last in this era?
          Last edited by daggum; 12-21-2012, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            what would have been fun is watching floyd duck and dodge all 4 of those guys. if the cotto-margarito era was too hot to handle for him can you imagine how long his retirement would last in this era?
            That's a different question. I've said many times that if Leonard and Hearns were in their prime the last few years, Floyd and Manny would have been figuring out how not to fight each other at 140 and no higher (until those guys moved up).

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
              Fine I will refraise. He would beat Leonard easy. Heres why I think he will. Leonard was a text book boxer puncher. He didnt have one punch power, but more like knockdown power. He was a stick and move type fighter. He took most of his opponents into deep waters and drowned them. Hes basically a right handed version of Sergio Martinez, with a better offensive arsenal. Not knocking him for that. He was great.

But his defense was poor. He couldnt slip the jab which led to his eye problems. He often swelled up in fights. The dude retired at 25 in the prime of his carreer because he couldnt see those punches coming. Hes not a stand in front of you and slip punches type fighter like Floyd. Hes a move on his toes only engages on his own terms type fighter. Floyds too versatile, too accurate of puncher, and too sharp defensively for Leonard in my opinion.
              I can take a Floyd fan saying he would beat Ray (though I cant see it) but easy??? Hahah.... Floyd has never seen a fighter as good as Ray

I take it your referring to the Hearns fight no.?.?.? Floyd once again never has and never will face a fighter of his (Hearns) caliber either bar none

Whose alt are you???

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                That's a different question. I've said many times that if Leonard and Hearns were in their prime the last few years, Floyd and Manny would have been figuring out how not to fight each other at 140 and no higher (until those guys moved up).
                that's true although floyd and manny would probably both be with top rank back then and a fight would be setup somewhere between 130 and 140. floyd would have to take it because he wouldn't be a huge ppv star who could cherry pick opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  that's true although floyd and manny would probably both be with top rank back then and a fight would be setup somewhere between 130 and 140. floyd would have to take it because he wouldn't be a huge ppv star who could cherry pick opponents.
                  I think Floyd would have been with DK in the 80s. Manny probably would have too.

Comment

hearns has the tools to beat him, floyd is the better technical boxer between the two but hearns was a monster.. with his size advantage i don't think he would have much trouble pot shotting thru that philly shell since he sees everything on top.. one giant right would certainly hurt floyd.

I also have to go with Duran.. if ricky was tough at enough to last 10 rounds against prime mayweather and manage to have 2 or 3 of those rounds, i'm pretty sure an all around duran would do ten times better than hatton since his inside fighting is light years ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post

LOL. LOL. LOL. Did you see what SRL did to Green and Price with one punch? His one punch KO of Green had him out cold for a few minutes. Price was a guy that lasted the distance with the punching power of Cuevas and Palomino, yet SRL took him out in one round.

Leonard also Ko'd Hearns and Benitez as a WW, who the F*** has Mayweather Ko'd as a WW that even comes close to those guys?

As for defense he was the master of using lateral movement and distance, he would have used his superior size and reach to jab Mayweather. Leonard would walk though Mayweather's punches, for god's sake the man went the distance with Duran, Geraldo, Hagler-----------you think SRL would fear Mayweather?

As for Mayweather being too skilled? Do you know that Benitez as for pure slipping ability is much more elusive than Mayweather. Benitez didn't have a great chin, yet he went the distance with Hearns. Watch the final 12 seconds of Benitez-Hearns in round 2, tell me if you think Mayweather would have slipped those 20 rapid fire blows that Hearns spitted out at Benitez? BTW, Hearns was a master boxer who even out boxed Benitez with a broken hand, and you think Mayweather would be too good and sharp for SRL?

Comment

Working...
                      X