Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zaveck: Hiding a Belt in Europe Immoral, Berto Beatable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Zaveck: Hiding a Belt in Europe Immoral, Berto Beatable

When Lou DiBella announced to BoxingScene last month that Andre Berto’s first fight removed from his loss to Victor Ortiz would be a title fight with IBF welterweight champion Jan Zaveck, most observers penciled the former WBC champ in the win column almost immediately.

[Click Here To Read More]

Anybody know why zaveck is popular in his home country?Anyway i hope
    he whoops berto puto azz.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
      Maybe his fights are exciting? I heard he throws a lot of punches.

Comment

I've never seen Zaveck before so I can't say if he's good or not, but saying that Berto is beatable is a fact.

Comment

Dejan (his real name) can do it, I believe he can. The way he dismantled Hlatshwayo so easily, I bet he can beat Berto. With greater difficulties naturally, but still he can beat him.

Comment

I think Berto made the Alexander mistake in that he should have chosen a tune up instead of an opponent who isn't coming to lose next. Berto and Alexander deserve a little more respect than they get, both could have chosen easier opponents after coming off a loss but both appeared to be fighting hard opponents after a loss.

Comment

Tell that to Felix Sturm.

Comment

Come on. Berto's got this.

Comment

very interesting article. i've been wondering if zavec is gonna use his sponsors gloves'top ten' or some other like everlast or cletos. mostly because we all saw how khan sucked with reebok gloves against mccloskey,then he used cletos for judah.
                  Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                  he's popular because he came from the social bottom, with hard work (imagine how hard it must be to become a world class boxer from a place like slovenia...). and after all that he still remains a humble and great person. i've personally met him multiple times, and what he says about fans is true. he's taking time for each one and everyone.
                  he's slovenia's ricky hatton sorta.

BoxingScene: You only have one loss to consensus top ten welterweight Rafal Jackiewicz in 2008, which you avenged last September. What was the difference between the first fight, the rematch, and today? What weaknesses have you improved?
                  Jan Zaveck: The main difference between our first and second fight against Jackiewicz was that last September when I won, I didn't defend my title, although I was the champion. I was more offensive than in our fight on 2008 where I was counting points and defending more. That fight in Poland was a really great test and excellent schooling for me, and it showed me a lot of things.
                  it showed him a lot of things alright. especially that he has to win every fight by KO or die trying.points decisions are his biggest enemy.
                  Last edited by Leohappy; 08-07-2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

"It's not my intention to hide a belt away. It's not moral. Yes, it would be easier to defend my title back home, but that's not my way"

Can't knock this guy, seriously.

However, regarding that call out video.... how often does Dejan watch boxing these days? He always mentions Cotto as a potential opponent. Cotto hasn't been a welterweight in years.

Comment

Working...
                    X