Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guerrero, Yordan Battle To a Two-Round No-Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yordan proved a good boxer, landing a left, right combo flush into Guerrero’s face. Then, Yordan landed two straight lefts to the face. Guerrero’s aggression morphed into clinching. A Yordan combo cracked Guerrero again near the end of the first round.
    The second round was equally intense, with Yordan finding Guerrero easy to hit. Yordan would throw a jab, follow up with a combination and then clinch before Guerrero could respond in kind.
    Though the cut was bad, it looked manageable but it was Guerrero who wanted to stop the fight, not the ref or the ringside doctor. Though it’s understandable that Guerrero chose not to risk his health over entertaining his fans, it does leave a cloud of doubt over Guerrero’s heart under pressure.
    We’ve all seen fighters fight through worse cuts than that. Boxing is a combat sport. There’s going to be some blood. I hope Guerrero is okay and avails himself to a rematch with Yordan. It would only be fair to fight that rematch in Indonesia. Hey, it might make for a nice vacation for the Guerrero family, why not? Regardless of the venue, in cases like this, a rematch should be mandatory .

Comment

No heart...

Comment

Guerrero = QUITTER .... nuff said.

Comment

There exist no freedom from me, there is only freedom through me

Guerrero life story as a whole is very inspirational but this isn't church, it's boxing and when you get in the ring...all that other nonsense doesn't matter.

He quit because Yordan was getting in his ass, even if he would have at least fought to the 3rd round i would have let him pass but he saw the writing on the wall as early as rnd 1 and was like "I got to get out of this".

He is a disgrace and the funny part is in past interviews he said that he's looking to fight guys like Pacman....Manny would take this phuckers heart. Kellerman ripped him all night as the heartless, gutless worm that he is.

How could you do that to basically your hometown Robert? Did you watch Rocky and Diaz last week.....they knew that they were fighting in front of the home town and would rather go out on their shield than quit. Rocky was cut and Diaz got KTFO but they went out like warriors in front of the people who pay their salaries.

Robert, you are such a scumbug, Yordan was giving you the business and instead of letting him put hands on you, you bailed so you could live to fight another day but the problem with that is you showed your true colors...yellow.

Boxingscene does not support cowards Robert, I hope your wife recovers fully but this isn't about her...this is about your yellow-belly, no heart having cowardness that you displayed.

Comment

Correct me if Im wrong... But when a fighter says he does not want to continue, doesnt that count as a TKO loss?

Comment

lol Whoa whoa whoa, I'm not sayin Robert had the right to quit, but that WAS a nasty cut, it even angled right into his eye. It wasn't like a lil scrape above the eye or somthin. And Guerrero started off strong, roughin him up inside I mean that fist shot he landed into the chest of Yordan in the opening round practically folded Yordan in half. Guerrero started diggin in his body and thats when Yordan started holding non stop, and all that holding is what caused the head butt to begin with.

I'm watchin a Yordan fight on youtube right now and he's not even clinching at all, when last night he was grabbin Guerrero every 10 seconds like he was scared or somthin. So Guerrero obviously got his attention just with that early body assault, but Yordan landed some good hooks in that second round and then would immediately hold, but I don't think Guerrero was at all that worried. It was the cut that made him freak out, still though, Guerrero should have put his nerves in check after that cut.

When they rematch, I think Guerrero breaks him down, Yordan doesn't look like he has much pop in his punch anyway.

Comment

My thoughts from this fight......

The ghost looked the stronger of the 2 in the very begining, BUT that indonesian cat showed a lot more heart, counter ability and chin than i expected. Once the ghost found out that the "Chino Latino" wasnt some bum who was gonna lay down, it seemed like the Ghost became "GHOST"...The way the fight was going, i figured that he was going to end up winning the fight over the ghost...and i understand some fighters who actually cant continue in a fight, but it seemed to me that guererro was looking for an excuse to quit. He was gettin cracked, and i didnt see that much blood in his eye during the end of the round....idk, maybe he really couldnt see...oh well, i just hope they have a rematch, otherwise, thats a cold piece of work if it doesnt happen

Comment

I agree, Guerrero could have kept fighting. The Cut did not look that bad, he decided to quit and take the easy way out after noticing that Yordan was no push over.

Comment

Originally posted by vErDuGo View Post
                    Yea, it sucks!
                    I was at the tank, and the funny thing is nobody over there knew that Guerrero quit.
                    They(guerrero Gilroy fans) just booed the **** out of the ref and the indonesian.
                    Then they all left and didn't even care to watch the Ortiz and Kirland fight.
                    imagine paying money just to see your boxer quit. damn.. if i was guerrero i wouldnt even dare step out of my house for a week lol

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                      imagine paying money just to see your boxer quit. damn.. if i was guerrero i wouldnt even dare step out of my house for a week lol
                      Yeah, I bet he does an ODH, and makes his woman answer the door for the Pizza Hut Guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X