Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto didn't make excuses about the 2 pounds when Manny stopped him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, once a fighter wins big, other fighters hypocrisies among other things are suddenly justified.

In another tread some guy said Floyd deserves credit for what Cotto did.

It never fails that Pacman must also get some credit in some way for what Cotto did.

Comment

Furthermore, this is Cotto's day. He's the only top draw that's fought the other top draws plus the man (man), Martinez that both Pacman and Floyd were shook off. He's the ballziest of top draws by a mile and even though he may not have won them all, he fought them all. Something Pacman, nor Floyd could ever boast.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Apache View Post
        Furthermore, this is Cotto's day. He's the only top draw that's fought the other top draws plus the man (man), Martinez that both Pacman and Floyd were shook off. He's the ballziest of top draws by a mile and even though he may not have won them all, he fought them all. Something Pacman, nor Floyd could ever boast.
        agreed, pacquiao and floyd are cowards and duckers compared to cotto.

imho cotto ranks above both pacquiao and floyd in the atgness rankings.

he is the definition of a TRUE legend and ATG.

pac and floyd have never won 4 world titles in 4 weight classes the way cotto has.

Comment

[QUOTE=Divine Hammer;14644104]agreed, pacquiao and floyd are cowards and duckers compared to cotto.

pac and floyd have never won 4 world titles in 4 weight classes the way cotto has.[/QUOTE]

They have, bro.

Comment

I've never used that as an excuse. There is no doubt that Cotto is my absolute favorite fighter, but it's my responsibility as a boxing fan to be realistic and objective. I don't think any version of Cotto beats Pacquiao. Like I said, he's my favorite, but I understand that there are better fighters, mainly Mayweather and Pacquiao. Cotto's success and willingness to fight everyone has certainly made him one of the era's greats though and a lock for the HOF. He's a true throwback and an excellent ambassador for the sport. I'm proud of him.
            Last edited by KingTito; 06-08-2014, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Cotto might as well not even think about touching a Manny rematch, if he wins these haters will just say he was mentally crippled after the Marquez loss. He won't get any type of credit. He just can't win with critics. How many morons were saying old sergio would still blitz Cotto? Sit down and eat your crow son.

Comment

[QUOTE=jreckoning;14644145]
                Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                agreed, pacquiao and floyd are cowards and duckers compared to cotto.

pac and floyd have never won 4 world titles in 4 weight classes the way cotto has.[/QUOTE]

They have, bro.
                Yeah Pac only didn't win 4....he won 8?

Comment

Let's be honest. As much as I like Pacman, which is a lot, I believe he had a few "dark" years. Where he was a machine. A few very suspect years. The very same way JMM is in a very dark place currently. Things just recently started getting cleaner, or at least pretending to be. I believe the real Pacman is the one recently. The honest Pacman.

Regardless I like all these fighters.

You have to respect cotto. To bounce back from being cheated - and drained - and picked apart and rebuild , choose fights that he can win and stay out of the headlines with BS is pretty awesome.

I'm not sure why so many people hate.

It's boxing. The romance, the heartbreak. The drama. It's all there we don't need to come here and make stuff up.

The only thing that bugs me. Is catch weights. I think it takes away from the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexaAriza View Post
                    CottoStans be like

but but but... That dont count doe
                    ^^^^^^^^^ This.

Comment

Cottos win over Sergio > Floyd's resume

Comment

Working...
                      X